Apr 4, 2013, 1:09 AM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Chris Kelly skated again on Wednesday, and a return to the lineup might not be far off, although nothing has been set or confirmed.
While there was something positive to take from the Kelly update, the Bruins did get bad news Wednesday.
“I talked to him about an hour ago and he was in very good spirits. He was out walking,” Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told reporters in Boston.
“He was annoyed at it, and he was emotional (Tuesday) night. I asked him if I could update the media and he said, ‘Sure.’ . . . He sounded really good and I told him that we’ll work together in getting him back.”
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)