Apr 4, 2013, 1:09 AM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Chris Kelly skated again on Wednesday, and a return to the lineup might not be far off, although nothing has been set or confirmed.
Chiarelli expects Chris Kelly back "soon." Today was Kelly's third straight day skating.—
Fluto Shinzawa (@GlobeFluto) April 03, 2013
While there was something positive to take from the Kelly update, the Bruins did get bad news Wednesday.
“I talked to him about an hour ago and he was in very good spirits. He was out walking,” Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told reporters in Boston.
“He was annoyed at it, and he was emotional (Tuesday) night. I asked him if I could update the media and he said, ‘Sure.’ . . . He sounded really good and I told him that we’ll work together in getting him back.”
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)