Apr 4, 2013, 1:09 AM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Chris Kelly skated again on Wednesday, and a return to the lineup might not be far off, although nothing has been set or confirmed.
Chiarelli expects Chris Kelly back "soon." Today was Kelly's third straight day skating.—
Fluto Shinzawa (@GlobeFluto) April 03, 2013
While there was something positive to take from the Kelly update, the Bruins did get bad news Wednesday.
“I talked to him about an hour ago and he was in very good spirits. He was out walking,” Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told reporters in Boston.
“He was annoyed at it, and he was emotional (Tuesday) night. I asked him if I could update the media and he said, ‘Sure.’ . . . He sounded really good and I told him that we’ll work together in getting him back.”
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 0
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9