Apr 4, 2013, 1:09 AM EST
Boston Bruins forward Chris Kelly skated again on Wednesday, and a return to the lineup might not be far off, although nothing has been set or confirmed.
Chiarelli expects Chris Kelly back "soon." Today was Kelly's third straight day skating.—
Fluto Shinzawa (@GlobeFluto) April 03, 2013
While there was something positive to take from the Kelly update, the Bruins did get bad news Wednesday.
“I talked to him about an hour ago and he was in very good spirits. He was out walking,” Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told reporters in Boston.
“He was annoyed at it, and he was emotional (Tuesday) night. I asked him if I could update the media and he said, ‘Sure.’ . . . He sounded really good and I told him that we’ll work together in getting him back.”
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 29
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)