Apr 4, 2013, 1:09 AM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Chris Kelly skated again on Wednesday, and a return to the lineup might not be far off, although nothing has been set or confirmed.
While there was something positive to take from the Kelly update, the Bruins did get bad news Wednesday.
“I talked to him about an hour ago and he was in very good spirits. He was out walking,” Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told reporters in Boston.
“He was annoyed at it, and he was emotional (Tuesday) night. I asked him if I could update the media and he said, ‘Sure.’ . . . He sounded really good and I told him that we’ll work together in getting him back.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 36
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 98
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (98)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)