Apr 4, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
Vincent Lecavalier will finally get to play for his new head coach.
Out for Tampa Bay’s last 10 games with a broken foot — during which Jon Cooper took over coaching duties from Guy Boucher — Lecavalier is set to rejoin the Bolts tonight when they take on the ‘Canes in Carolina.
Cooper was named head coach on Mar. 25 and has coached each of the last two games, a 5-4 shootout win over New Jersey and a 3-2 shootout loss to Florida.
Tonight he’ll get No. 4 back, and a new netminder to boot.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)