Apr 4, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
Vincent Lecavalier will finally get to play for his new head coach.
Out for Tampa Bay’s last 10 games with a broken foot — during which Jon Cooper took over coaching duties from Guy Boucher — Lecavalier is set to rejoin the Bolts tonight when they take on the ‘Canes in Carolina.
Cooper was named head coach on Mar. 25 and has coached each of the last two games, a 5-4 shootout win over New Jersey and a 3-2 shootout loss to Florida.
Tonight he’ll get No. 4 back, and a new netminder to boot.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)