Apr 4, 2013, 12:42 PM EST
Vincent Lecavalier will finally get to play for his new head coach.
Out for Tampa Bay’s last 10 games with a broken foot — during which Jon Cooper took over coaching duties from Guy Boucher — Lecavalier is set to rejoin the Bolts tonight when they take on the ‘Canes in Carolina.
Cooper was named head coach on Mar. 25 and has coached each of the last two games, a 5-4 shootout win over New Jersey and a 3-2 shootout loss to Florida.
Tonight he’ll get No. 4 back, and a new netminder to boot.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 2
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 9
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 11
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 40
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)