Apr 3, 2013, 3:56 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild start a three-game road trip tomorrow, but will do so without forward Matt Cullen.
Cullen suffered a lower-body injury in the second period of Monday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
The Wild play the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday and the L.A. Kings on Thursday.
“I don’t see him being ready to go these next two back-to-back games,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“We’ve got a lot of games coming up. Obviously, we’re hopeful he will be back very quickly, that we don’t lose him for very much time. Having said that, somebody’s going to get an opportunity and a chance to step up.”
The 36-year-old Cullen has seven goals and 25 points in 35 games for the Wild this season.
He had goals in three of his past five games and points in four of those.
The Wild, meanwhile, called up Johan Larsson from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
The Wild are still on top of the Northwest Division and, because of that, are third in the Western Conference.
Minnesota is tied in points with Vancouver – both clubs have 44 points – but the Wild hold the tiebreaker for fewest games played and more regulation-overtime wins.
The Wild do have a game in hand, but that will take care of itself tomorrow. The Canucks don’t play until Thursday.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)