Apr 3, 2013, 3:56 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild start a three-game road trip tomorrow, but will do so without forward Matt Cullen.
Cullen suffered a lower-body injury in the second period of Monday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
The Wild play the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday and the L.A. Kings on Thursday.
“I don’t see him being ready to go these next two back-to-back games,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“We’ve got a lot of games coming up. Obviously, we’re hopeful he will be back very quickly, that we don’t lose him for very much time. Having said that, somebody’s going to get an opportunity and a chance to step up.”
The 36-year-old Cullen has seven goals and 25 points in 35 games for the Wild this season.
He had goals in three of his past five games and points in four of those.
The Wild, meanwhile, called up Johan Larsson from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
The Wild are still on top of the Northwest Division and, because of that, are third in the Western Conference.
Minnesota is tied in points with Vancouver – both clubs have 44 points – but the Wild hold the tiebreaker for fewest games played and more regulation-overtime wins.
The Wild do have a game in hand, but that will take care of itself tomorrow. The Canucks don’t play until Thursday.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)