Apr 3, 2013, 3:56 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild start a three-game road trip tomorrow, but will do so without forward Matt Cullen.
Cullen suffered a lower-body injury in the second period of Monday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
The Wild play the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday and the L.A. Kings on Thursday.
“I don’t see him being ready to go these next two back-to-back games,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“We’ve got a lot of games coming up. Obviously, we’re hopeful he will be back very quickly, that we don’t lose him for very much time. Having said that, somebody’s going to get an opportunity and a chance to step up.”
The 36-year-old Cullen has seven goals and 25 points in 35 games for the Wild this season.
He had goals in three of his past five games and points in four of those.
The Wild, meanwhile, called up Johan Larsson from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
The Wild are still on top of the Northwest Division and, because of that, are third in the Western Conference.
Minnesota is tied in points with Vancouver – both clubs have 44 points – but the Wild hold the tiebreaker for fewest games played and more regulation-overtime wins.
The Wild do have a game in hand, but that will take care of itself tomorrow. The Canucks don’t play until Thursday.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)