Apr 3, 2013, 3:56 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild start a three-game road trip tomorrow, but will do so without forward Matt Cullen.
Cullen suffered a lower-body injury in the second period of Monday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
The Wild play the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday and the L.A. Kings on Thursday.
“I don’t see him being ready to go these next two back-to-back games,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“We’ve got a lot of games coming up. Obviously, we’re hopeful he will be back very quickly, that we don’t lose him for very much time. Having said that, somebody’s going to get an opportunity and a chance to step up.”
The 36-year-old Cullen has seven goals and 25 points in 35 games for the Wild this season.
He had goals in three of his past five games and points in four of those.
The Wild, meanwhile, called up Johan Larsson from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
The Wild are still on top of the Northwest Division and, because of that, are third in the Western Conference.
Minnesota is tied in points with Vancouver – both clubs have 44 points – but the Wild hold the tiebreaker for fewest games played and more regulation-overtime wins.
The Wild do have a game in hand, but that will take care of itself tomorrow. The Canucks don’t play until Thursday.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 4
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 65
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (115)