Apr 3, 2013, 3:56 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild start a three-game road trip tomorrow, but will do so without forward Matt Cullen.
Cullen suffered a lower-body injury in the second period of Monday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
The Wild play the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday and the L.A. Kings on Thursday.
“I don’t see him being ready to go these next two back-to-back games,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“We’ve got a lot of games coming up. Obviously, we’re hopeful he will be back very quickly, that we don’t lose him for very much time. Having said that, somebody’s going to get an opportunity and a chance to step up.”
The 36-year-old Cullen has seven goals and 25 points in 35 games for the Wild this season.
He had goals in three of his past five games and points in four of those.
The Wild, meanwhile, called up Johan Larsson from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
The Wild are still on top of the Northwest Division and, because of that, are third in the Western Conference.
Minnesota is tied in points with Vancouver – both clubs have 44 points – but the Wild hold the tiebreaker for fewest games played and more regulation-overtime wins.
The Wild do have a game in hand, but that will take care of itself tomorrow. The Canucks don’t play until Thursday.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)