Apr 3, 2013, 5:07 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have been leaning heavily on Niklas Backstrom during their hot run in the last month or so and will probably continue that trend. Still, they needed a backup with Matt Hackett traded to the Buffalo Sabres and Josh Harding dealing with health issues, so they acquired Jeff Deslauriers from the Anaheim Ducks for “future considerations.”
“Future considerations” is often code for “whatever junk we have lying around,” so let’s have some fun with fake guesses:
- A fax machine
- Maybe a nifty 56K modem?
- Some of those grade school black and white notebooks
- Over-priced Boy Scout popcorn.
- A bunch of pogs (but no slammers).
Anyway, the Wild obviously made a much bigger move today, but this is helpful for depth reasons.
Deslauriers, 28, is 23-32-4 in his NHL career with a .901 save percentage and 3.24 GAA. He hasn’t appeared in an NHL game this season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)