Apr 3, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have been leaning heavily on Niklas Backstrom during their hot run in the last month or so and will probably continue that trend. Still, they needed a backup with Matt Hackett traded to the Buffalo Sabres and Josh Harding dealing with health issues, so they acquired Jeff Deslauriers from the Anaheim Ducks for “future considerations.”
“Future considerations” is often code for “whatever junk we have lying around,” so let’s have some fun with fake guesses:
- A fax machine
- Maybe a nifty 56K modem?
- Some of those grade school black and white notebooks
- Over-priced Boy Scout popcorn.
- A bunch of pogs (but no slammers).
Anyway, the Wild obviously made a much bigger move today, but this is helpful for depth reasons.
Deslauriers, 28, is 23-32-4 in his NHL career with a .901 save percentage and 3.24 GAA. He hasn’t appeared in an NHL game this season.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)