Apr 3, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are officially buyers at the trade deadline.
Smithson is a defensive forward, as evidenced by his modest offensive stat line (two goals and three assists in 35 games), along with the 1:57 he plays per game on the penalty kill.
A pending unrestricted free agent, Smithson has won 54.8 percent of the 363 faceoffs he’s taken this season.
Oh, and there’s also this…
Newest Oiler Jerred Smithson just found out he was traded while on way to have his wife induced w their first child! #TradeTracker
— Josh Rimer (@JoshRimerHockey) April 3, 2013
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)