Apr 3, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are officially buyers at the trade deadline.
Smithson is a defensive forward, as evidenced by his modest offensive stat line (two goals and three assists in 35 games), along with the 1:57 he plays per game on the penalty kill.
A pending unrestricted free agent, Smithson has won 54.8 percent of the 363 faceoffs he’s taken this season.
Oh, and there’s also this…
Newest Oiler Jerred Smithson just found out he was traded while on way to have his wife induced w their first child! #TradeTracker
— Josh Rimer (@JoshRimerHockey) April 3, 2013
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)