Apr 3, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Pominville has 10 goals and 15 assists in 37 games. The 30-year-old is signed through next season with a cap hit of $5.3 million.
In return for Pominville, the Sabres get 20-year-old winger Johan Larsson and 23-year-old goalie Matt Hackett.
According to TSN’s Gord Miller, the trade also includes a pair of valuable draft picks. In addition to Larsson and Hackett, Buffalo will receive Minnesota’s first-rounder in 2013 and a second-rounder in 2014 — according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, it’s the first time in Wild franchise history that they’ve traded their first-round pick.
(The Wild will receive the Sabres’ fourth-rounder in 2014, along with Pominville.)
The addition of Hacket also begs the question, how much longer will Ryan Miller be in Buffalo?
For the Wild, a player like Pominville can only help a team that’s on its way to the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)