Apr 3, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Pominville has 10 goals and 15 assists in 37 games. The 30-year-old is signed through next season with a cap hit of $5.3 million.
In return for Pominville, the Sabres get 20-year-old winger Johan Larsson and 23-year-old goalie Matt Hackett.
According to TSN’s Gord Miller, the trade also includes a pair of valuable draft picks. In addition to Larsson and Hackett, Buffalo will receive Minnesota’s first-rounder in 2013 and a second-rounder in 2014 — according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, it’s the first time in Wild franchise history that they’ve traded their first-round pick.
(The Wild will receive the Sabres’ fourth-rounder in 2014, along with Pominville.)
The addition of Hacket also begs the question, how much longer will Ryan Miller be in Buffalo?
For the Wild, a player like Pominville can only help a team that’s on its way to the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 1
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 47
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 39
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)