Apr 3, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Pominville has 10 goals and 15 assists in 37 games. The 30-year-old is signed through next season with a cap hit of $5.3 million.
In return for Pominville, the Sabres get 20-year-old winger Johan Larsson and 23-year-old goalie Matt Hackett.
According to TSN’s Gord Miller, the trade also includes a pair of valuable draft picks. In addition to Larsson and Hackett, Buffalo will receive Minnesota’s first-rounder in 2013 and a second-rounder in 2014 — according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, it’s the first time in Wild franchise history that they’ve traded their first-round pick.
(The Wild will receive the Sabres’ fourth-rounder in 2014, along with Pominville.)
The addition of Hacket also begs the question, how much longer will Ryan Miller be in Buffalo?
For the Wild, a player like Pominville can only help a team that’s on its way to the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)