Apr 3, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Pominville has 10 goals and 15 assists in 37 games. The 30-year-old is signed through next season with a cap hit of $5.3 million.
In return for Pominville, the Sabres get 20-year-old winger Johan Larsson and 23-year-old goalie Matt Hackett.
According to TSN’s Gord Miller, the trade also includes a pair of valuable draft picks. In addition to Larsson and Hackett, Buffalo will receive Minnesota’s first-rounder in 2013 and a second-rounder in 2014 — according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, it’s the first time in Wild franchise history that they’ve traded their first-round pick.
(The Wild will receive the Sabres’ fourth-rounder in 2014, along with Pominville.)
The addition of Hacket also begs the question, how much longer will Ryan Miller be in Buffalo?
For the Wild, a player like Pominville can only help a team that’s on its way to the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 20
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 16
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)