Apr 3, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Pominville has 10 goals and 15 assists in 37 games. The 30-year-old is signed through next season with a cap hit of $5.3 million.
In return for Pominville, the Sabres get 20-year-old winger Johan Larsson and 23-year-old goalie Matt Hackett.
According to TSN’s Gord Miller, the trade also includes a pair of valuable draft picks. In addition to Larsson and Hackett, Buffalo will receive Minnesota’s first-rounder in 2013 and a second-rounder in 2014 — according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, it’s the first time in Wild franchise history that they’ve traded their first-round pick.
(The Wild will receive the Sabres’ fourth-rounder in 2014, along with Pominville.)
The addition of Hacket also begs the question, how much longer will Ryan Miller be in Buffalo?
For the Wild, a player like Pominville can only help a team that’s on its way to the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 7
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 34
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)