Apr 3, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks made a late push to add depth to their forward corps on Wednesday, acquiring Matthew Lombardi from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for prospect Brandon McMillan.
Lombardi, 31, was acquired by Phoenix earlier this season from Toronto and appeared in 21 games for the Coyotes, scoring 4G-4A-8PTS.
He missed some time earlier this season with an upper-body injury and was a healthy scratch on Mar. 26, suggesting he’d fallen out of favor with head coach Dave Tippett.
Lombardi’s in the final year of his contract — he made $3.5 million this season — and will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10