Apr 3, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks made a late push to add depth to their forward corps on Wednesday, acquiring Matthew Lombardi from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for prospect Brandon McMillan.
Lombardi, 31, was acquired by Phoenix earlier this season from Toronto and appeared in 21 games for the Coyotes, scoring 4G-4A-8PTS.
He missed some time earlier this season with an upper-body injury and was a healthy scratch on Mar. 26, suggesting he’d fallen out of favor with head coach Dave Tippett.
Lombardi’s in the final year of his contract — he made $3.5 million this season — and will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)