Apr 3, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks made a late push to add depth to their forward corps on Wednesday, acquiring Matthew Lombardi from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for prospect Brandon McMillan.
Lombardi, 31, was acquired by Phoenix earlier this season from Toronto and appeared in 21 games for the Coyotes, scoring 4G-4A-8PTS.
He missed some time earlier this season with an upper-body injury and was a healthy scratch on Mar. 26, suggesting he’d fallen out of favor with head coach Dave Tippett.
Lombardi’s in the final year of his contract — he made $3.5 million this season — and will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 69
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 29
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 52
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 33
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (52)