Apr 3, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes veteran defenseman Derek Morris has submitted to Coyotes management a list of eight teams he would waive his limited no-trade clause for, as per Sarah McLellan of azcentral sports.
The news broke following the Coyotes 3-1 win over the defending Stanley Cup champions, the L.A. Kings.
Morris, 34, has one more year after this one remaining on his four-year, $11 million contract. Morris also brings a cap hit of $2.75 million per season.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)