Apr 3, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
If that news is true, that would mark at least the fourth noteworthy head injury in his NHL career. He suffered concussions in 2007, 2008, 2011 and after a check by Ottawa Senators player Colin Greening yesterday.
The 27-year-old forward has managed a great career even despite those problems, winning the Selke Trophy last season.
There were some questions about which top-six player might get bounced with Jaromir Jagr added, but now the Bruins choices appear to be (unfortunately) simplified. We’ll see how – or if – he bounces back from this latest setback, though.
As you probably know, the B’s already have seen one high-end center Marc Savard‘s career fall apart because of concussions.
Boston Globe reporter Kevin Paul Dupont confirms that Bergeron has a concussion.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11