Apr 3, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
If that news is true, that would mark at least the fourth noteworthy head injury in his NHL career. He suffered concussions in 2007, 2008, 2011 and after a check by Ottawa Senators player Colin Greening yesterday.
The 27-year-old forward has managed a great career even despite those problems, winning the Selke Trophy last season.
There were some questions about which top-six player might get bounced with Jaromir Jagr added, but now the Bruins choices appear to be (unfortunately) simplified. We’ll see how – or if – he bounces back from this latest setback, though.
As you probably know, the B’s already have seen one high-end center Marc Savard‘s career fall apart because of concussions.
Boston Globe reporter Kevin Paul Dupont confirms that Bergeron has a concussion.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)