Apr 3, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
If that news is true, that would mark at least the fourth noteworthy head injury in his NHL career. He suffered concussions in 2007, 2008, 2011 and after a check by Ottawa Senators player Colin Greening yesterday.
The 27-year-old forward has managed a great career even despite those problems, winning the Selke Trophy last season.
There were some questions about which top-six player might get bounced with Jaromir Jagr added, but now the Bruins choices appear to be (unfortunately) simplified. We’ll see how – or if – he bounces back from this latest setback, though.
As you probably know, the B’s already have seen one high-end center Marc Savard‘s career fall apart because of concussions.
Boston Globe reporter Kevin Paul Dupont confirms that Bergeron has a concussion.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)