Apr 3, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
If that news is true, that would mark at least the fourth noteworthy head injury in his NHL career. He suffered concussions in 2007, 2008, 2011 and after a check by Ottawa Senators player Colin Greening yesterday.
The 27-year-old forward has managed a great career even despite those problems, winning the Selke Trophy last season.
There were some questions about which top-six player might get bounced with Jaromir Jagr added, but now the Bruins choices appear to be (unfortunately) simplified. We’ll see how – or if – he bounces back from this latest setback, though.
As you probably know, the B’s already have seen one high-end center Marc Savard‘s career fall apart because of concussions.
Boston Globe reporter Kevin Paul Dupont confirms that Bergeron has a concussion.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)