Apr 3, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
If that news is true, that would mark at least the fourth noteworthy head injury in his NHL career. He suffered concussions in 2007, 2008, 2011 and after a check by Ottawa Senators player Colin Greening yesterday.
The 27-year-old forward has managed a great career even despite those problems, winning the Selke Trophy last season.
There were some questions about which top-six player might get bounced with Jaromir Jagr added, but now the Bruins choices appear to be (unfortunately) simplified. We’ll see how – or if – he bounces back from this latest setback, though.
As you probably know, the B’s already have seen one high-end center Marc Savard‘s career fall apart because of concussions.
Boston Globe reporter Kevin Paul Dupont confirms that Bergeron has a concussion.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)