Apr 3, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Despite a dreadful .868 save percentage, Kiprusoff had been targeted by Toronto as a potential veteran backup for James Reimer.
Kiprusoff is 36 years old and is signed through next season. However, his salary falls to just $1.5 million in the final year of his six-year, $35 million contract.
(And if you ask Mike Keenan, retirement by the end of this season was the plan all along; the final year of the contract was just tacked on to lower the cap hit. We wonder if the league might look into that if Kiprusoff does indeed call it a career.)
Still, expect to hear more chatter about Vancouver’s Roberto Luongo going to Toronto, even though Luongo’s contract is a totally different animal.
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 14
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 3
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)