Apr 3, 2013, 9:24 AM EST
It’s a good thing the St. Louis Blues didn’t get rid of goaltender Brian Elliott.
In other words, Halak will miss the vast majority of what’s left of the 2013 campaign, if he can even play at all before the playoffs. Consequently, if the Blues are going to make it past the regular season, it will be on the strength of Elliott and Jake Allen.
Allen has already played in 12 games with the Blues and for a time seemed to have passed Elliott on the depth charts. However, before Halak’s injury, the Blues decided to return Allen to the minors and finish out the season with Elliott and Halak.
Those trades sent a message that the Blues fully intend to make a run this season, but with a 18-14-2 record, their spot in the playoffs is far from guaranteed.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)