Apr 3, 2013, 9:24 AM EDT
It’s a good thing the St. Louis Blues didn’t get rid of goaltender Brian Elliott.
In other words, Halak will miss the vast majority of what’s left of the 2013 campaign, if he can even play at all before the playoffs. Consequently, if the Blues are going to make it past the regular season, it will be on the strength of Elliott and Jake Allen.
Allen has already played in 12 games with the Blues and for a time seemed to have passed Elliott on the depth charts. However, before Halak’s injury, the Blues decided to return Allen to the minors and finish out the season with Elliott and Halak.
Those trades sent a message that the Blues fully intend to make a run this season, but with a 18-14-2 record, their spot in the playoffs is far from guaranteed.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63