Apr 3, 2013, 9:24 AM EDT
It’s a good thing the St. Louis Blues didn’t get rid of goaltender Brian Elliott.
In other words, Halak will miss the vast majority of what’s left of the 2013 campaign, if he can even play at all before the playoffs. Consequently, if the Blues are going to make it past the regular season, it will be on the strength of Elliott and Jake Allen.
Allen has already played in 12 games with the Blues and for a time seemed to have passed Elliott on the depth charts. However, before Halak’s injury, the Blues decided to return Allen to the minors and finish out the season with Elliott and Halak.
Those trades sent a message that the Blues fully intend to make a run this season, but with a 18-14-2 record, their spot in the playoffs is far from guaranteed.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)