Apr 3, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Bishop, 26, went 8-5-0 with an impressive .922 save percentage this season for Ottawa, but the 6-foot-7 netminder was deemed expendable with Craig Anderson already the Senators’ starter and rookie 21-year-old Robin Lehner showing he’s ready to play in the NHL as well.
As it stands, Bishop will likely battle Lindback for the number one job going forward. (Both Garon and Desjardins are unrestricted free agents.)
The price the Lightning paid for Bishop was certainly “significant.” Conacher, 23, has 24 points in 35 games, ranking the diminutive Canisius College product second behind only Florida’s Jonathan Huberdeau in NHL rookie scoring.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5