Apr 3, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Bishop, 26, went 8-5-0 with an impressive .922 save percentage this season for Ottawa, but the 6-foot-7 netminder was deemed expendable with Craig Anderson already the Senators’ starter and rookie 21-year-old Robin Lehner showing he’s ready to play in the NHL as well.
As it stands, Bishop will likely battle Lindback for the number one job going forward. (Both Garon and Desjardins are unrestricted free agents.)
The price the Lightning paid for Bishop was certainly “significant.” Conacher, 23, has 24 points in 35 games, ranking the diminutive Canisius College product second behind only Florida’s Jonathan Huberdeau in NHL rookie scoring.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63