Apr 3, 2013, 12:42 PM EST
If you can’t trust them, they can’t play for you.
Especially, we should add, when you are John Tortorella and your team is fighting to make the playoffs.
Neither player saw much ice during Monday’s 4-2 victory over Winnipeg, with coach John Tortorella explaining afterward that the “stakes are too high right now” for mistakes.
Of course, the Rangers also just landed veteran forward Ryane Clowe in a trade with San Jose, so that’s at least one spot that needed to be opened.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8