Apr 3, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
If you can’t trust them, they can’t play for you.
Especially, we should add, when you are John Tortorella and your team is fighting to make the playoffs.
Neither player saw much ice during Monday’s 4-2 victory over Winnipeg, with coach John Tortorella explaining afterward that the “stakes are too high right now” for mistakes.
Of course, the Rangers also just landed veteran forward Ryane Clowe in a trade with San Jose, so that’s at least one spot that needed to be opened.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 2
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)