Apr 3, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
If you can’t trust them, they can’t play for you.
Especially, we should add, when you are John Tortorella and your team is fighting to make the playoffs.
Neither player saw much ice during Monday’s 4-2 victory over Winnipeg, with coach John Tortorella explaining afterward that the “stakes are too high right now” for mistakes.
Of course, the Rangers also just landed veteran forward Ryane Clowe in a trade with San Jose, so that’s at least one spot that needed to be opened.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKesyer to two-year, $4.375M extension 0
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12