Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
It’s not exactly a secret that Ryan Suter left the Nashville Predators on bad terms, at least with GM David Poile.* Martin Erat could be another long-term guy who might hear some boos whenever he’s back in town.
While he fetched an impressive bounty in the form of first-rounder Filip Forsberg, some could still have issues with the fact that Erat requested a trade. Poile didn’t deny that to Fox Sports South’s John Manasso.
“I can’t sugarcoat it, it’s really disappointing,” Poile said.
Yet while Suter left a crater behind on the team’s defense, the 31-year-old Erat’s trade request might have opened the door for Nashville to add its foundation.
In fact, ESPN’s Craig Custance ranks among those who report that Forsberg, 19, could even get a few reps at the NHL level this season. Whether he does or not, this could be a big move for Nashville’s future.
Even if it means some pain in the present.
* – The team didn’t even put together a “tribute video” during Suter’s return to Nashville, which seems to be pretty commonplace for former Predators with a few years of service.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)