Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
It’s not exactly a secret that Ryan Suter left the Nashville Predators on bad terms, at least with GM David Poile.* Martin Erat could be another long-term guy who might hear some boos whenever he’s back in town.
While he fetched an impressive bounty in the form of first-rounder Filip Forsberg, some could still have issues with the fact that Erat requested a trade. Poile didn’t deny that to Fox Sports South’s John Manasso.
“I can’t sugarcoat it, it’s really disappointing,” Poile said.
Yet while Suter left a crater behind on the team’s defense, the 31-year-old Erat’s trade request might have opened the door for Nashville to add its foundation.
In fact, ESPN’s Craig Custance ranks among those who report that Forsberg, 19, could even get a few reps at the NHL level this season. Whether he does or not, this could be a big move for Nashville’s future.
Even if it means some pain in the present.
* – The team didn’t even put together a “tribute video” during Suter’s return to Nashville, which seems to be pretty commonplace for former Predators with a few years of service.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)