Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
It’s not exactly a secret that Ryan Suter left the Nashville Predators on bad terms, at least with GM David Poile.* Martin Erat could be another long-term guy who might hear some boos whenever he’s back in town.
While he fetched an impressive bounty in the form of first-rounder Filip Forsberg, some could still have issues with the fact that Erat requested a trade. Poile didn’t deny that to Fox Sports South’s John Manasso.
“I can’t sugarcoat it, it’s really disappointing,” Poile said.
Yet while Suter left a crater behind on the team’s defense, the 31-year-old Erat’s trade request might have opened the door for Nashville to add its foundation.
In fact, ESPN’s Craig Custance ranks among those who report that Forsberg, 19, could even get a few reps at the NHL level this season. Whether he does or not, this could be a big move for Nashville’s future.
Even if it means some pain in the present.
* – The team didn’t even put together a “tribute video” during Suter’s return to Nashville, which seems to be pretty commonplace for former Predators with a few years of service.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)