Apr 3, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks power forward Zack Kassian showed tantalizing promise – and was probably a little lucky – in his first few games riding shotgun with the Sedin twins this season, but things haven’t gone so well lately. The team recalled him from the AHL on Wednesday.
Some, like the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma, wonder if his “conditioning stint” might have stemmed from some off-ice issues along with giving him time to rehab a back injury.
Nothing tangible has surfaced on that subject, but Kassian admitted to Kuzma that he’s had to adjust to more media scrutiny (and widespread attention) since being traded to Vancouver from Buffalo.
“Definitely, especially in a market like this,” Kassian said. “It’s not Buffalo. There are a lot of people who are fans a lot of people who are always watching. You definitely want to be pro on and off the ice. We have an older team and everybody expects a lot from each other and guys are going to have your back. It’s kind of the way we work.”
In a heated race for the Northwest Division title/playoff positioning, the Canucks need to get the most out of the 22-year-old forward.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)