Apr 3, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks power forward Zack Kassian showed tantalizing promise – and was probably a little lucky – in his first few games riding shotgun with the Sedin twins this season, but things haven’t gone so well lately. The team recalled him from the AHL on Wednesday.
Some, like the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma, wonder if his “conditioning stint” might have stemmed from some off-ice issues along with giving him time to rehab a back injury.
Nothing tangible has surfaced on that subject, but Kassian admitted to Kuzma that he’s had to adjust to more media scrutiny (and widespread attention) since being traded to Vancouver from Buffalo.
“Definitely, especially in a market like this,” Kassian said. “It’s not Buffalo. There are a lot of people who are fans a lot of people who are always watching. You definitely want to be pro on and off the ice. We have an older team and everybody expects a lot from each other and guys are going to have your back. It’s kind of the way we work.”
In a heated race for the Northwest Division title/playoff positioning, the Canucks need to get the most out of the 22-year-old forward.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)