Apr 3, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks power forward Zack Kassian showed tantalizing promise – and was probably a little lucky – in his first few games riding shotgun with the Sedin twins this season, but things haven’t gone so well lately. The team recalled him from the AHL on Wednesday.
Some, like the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma, wonder if his “conditioning stint” might have stemmed from some off-ice issues along with giving him time to rehab a back injury.
Nothing tangible has surfaced on that subject, but Kassian admitted to Kuzma that he’s had to adjust to more media scrutiny (and widespread attention) since being traded to Vancouver from Buffalo.
“Definitely, especially in a market like this,” Kassian said. “It’s not Buffalo. There are a lot of people who are fans a lot of people who are always watching. You definitely want to be pro on and off the ice. We have an older team and everybody expects a lot from each other and guys are going to have your back. It’s kind of the way we work.”
In a heated race for the Northwest Division title/playoff positioning, the Canucks need to get the most out of the 22-year-old forward.
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 3
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)