Apr 3, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks power forward Zack Kassian showed tantalizing promise – and was probably a little lucky – in his first few games riding shotgun with the Sedin twins this season, but things haven’t gone so well lately. The team recalled him from the AHL on Wednesday.
Some, like the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma, wonder if his “conditioning stint” might have stemmed from some off-ice issues along with giving him time to rehab a back injury.
Nothing tangible has surfaced on that subject, but Kassian admitted to Kuzma that he’s had to adjust to more media scrutiny (and widespread attention) since being traded to Vancouver from Buffalo.
“Definitely, especially in a market like this,” Kassian said. “It’s not Buffalo. There are a lot of people who are fans a lot of people who are always watching. You definitely want to be pro on and off the ice. We have an older team and everybody expects a lot from each other and guys are going to have your back. It’s kind of the way we work.”
In a heated race for the Northwest Division title/playoff positioning, the Canucks need to get the most out of the 22-year-old forward.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)