Apr 3, 2013, 12:39 AM EDT
Well, that was unexpected?
The Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators combined for 97 shots – 47 for Ottawa and 50 for Boston – but only five goals on Tuesday night. The Bruins came away with the win, thanks to Nathan Horton‘s 12th goal of the season, coming just past the midway point of the third period.
Bruins goalie Anton Khudobin turned aside 45 shots – a number that is a tad surprising, considering Boston is seventh in the National Hockey League, allowing 27.4 shots per game.
“It’s always fun,”Khudobin told CSNNE.com. “I’m pretty sure for the other goalie it’s not fun right now, because he lost. But it doesn’t matter for me. I got the W. I’m happy with that. We got our points, and we keep moving forward.”
Indeed, Senators goalie Robin Lehner, who made 47 saves, didn’t quite enjoy the experience.
“It [stinks] a little bit because I think we are right there but just that extra five percent that’s missing,” Lehner told NHL.com.
“You can’t have a down period against this team, they take advantage of it. Today they scored two first-period goals, and they played very good. I think we came back and played better in the second and third. We have to play 60 minutes and unfortunately it wasn’t enough today.”
The Bruins, who acquired Jaromir Jagr in a trade with the Dallas Stars earlier in the day, are now one point back of the Montreal Canadiens for tops in the Northeast Division and second in the Eastern Conference.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He struggled in his first year pro split between the AHL and ECHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
He was bought out by Carolina last week.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
He’ll make $650,000 at the NHL level and $250,000 in the AHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Hearings will take place in Toronto from July 20 to August 4
Jul 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It’s reportedly a two-way contract worth $600,000.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
The deal will reportedly pay him $4.1 million next season.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
His peak came in 2013-14: 19 goals, 51 points.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Perhaps Blue Jackets prospects can learn from his scrappy ways.
Jul 5, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Some depth for the Bolts.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
He shared his story (and struggles) this past week.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
It may leave them in a “cap vise.”
Jul 5, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
That doesn’t guarantee that a hearing would take place, though.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky is the latest to pipe up.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Vancouver started its development camp this weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
His offensive totals were down, but was regularly used on penalty kill.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Spent most of the 2014-15 season in the OHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
They had agreed to terms last weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Played 37 games with Edmonton last season before getting sent back to the WHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He signed with Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)