Apr 3, 2013, 12:39 AM EDT
Well, that was unexpected?
The Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators combined for 97 shots – 47 for Ottawa and 50 for Boston – but only five goals on Tuesday night. The Bruins came away with the win, thanks to Nathan Horton‘s 12th goal of the season, coming just past the midway point of the third period.
Bruins goalie Anton Khudobin turned aside 45 shots – a number that is a tad surprising, considering Boston is seventh in the National Hockey League, allowing 27.4 shots per game.
“It’s always fun,”Khudobin told CSNNE.com. “I’m pretty sure for the other goalie it’s not fun right now, because he lost. But it doesn’t matter for me. I got the W. I’m happy with that. We got our points, and we keep moving forward.”
Indeed, Senators goalie Robin Lehner, who made 47 saves, didn’t quite enjoy the experience.
“It [stinks] a little bit because I think we are right there but just that extra five percent that’s missing,” Lehner told NHL.com.
“You can’t have a down period against this team, they take advantage of it. Today they scored two first-period goals, and they played very good. I think we came back and played better in the second and third. We have to play 60 minutes and unfortunately it wasn’t enough today.”
The Bruins, who acquired Jaromir Jagr in a trade with the Dallas Stars earlier in the day, are now one point back of the Montreal Canadiens for tops in the Northeast Division and second in the Eastern Conference.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)