Apr 2, 2013, 2:36 AM EDT
Instead, the Sharks scored three times in two minutes and 13 seconds during the second period and then hung on for the 3-2 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks.
The Sharks, despite holding Clowe out of the lineup amid a potential trade, the Handzus deal and recently dealing defenseman Douglas Murray to Pittsburgh, have won four straight games and are four points back of the Canucks for fourth in the Western Conference.
“I think they rolled with it pretty easy,” Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News.
“They’re smart people in the locker room. They sense what’s going on with Clowe’s situation. It didn’t just pop out of thin air today.”
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25