Apr 2, 2013, 2:36 AM EDT
Instead, the Sharks scored three times in two minutes and 13 seconds during the second period and then hung on for the 3-2 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks.
The Sharks, despite holding Clowe out of the lineup amid a potential trade, the Handzus deal and recently dealing defenseman Douglas Murray to Pittsburgh, have won four straight games and are four points back of the Canucks for fourth in the Western Conference.
“I think they rolled with it pretty easy,” Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News.
“They’re smart people in the locker room. They sense what’s going on with Clowe’s situation. It didn’t just pop out of thin air today.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13