Apr 2, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
And he didn’t try to hide his optimism for the future. Even if the Sabres sit 12th in the Eastern Conference standings and five points out of the final playoff position, and following recent trades to defensemen Robyn Regehr and Jordan Leopold.
Despite the fact the Sabres look to be selling in the lead-up to Wednesday’s trade deadline (3 p.m. ET), Ott hopes perhaps Buffalo can go looking to buy tomorrow.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20