Apr 2, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
And he didn’t try to hide his optimism for the future. Even if the Sabres sit 12th in the Eastern Conference standings and five points out of the final playoff position, and following recent trades to defensemen Robyn Regehr and Jordan Leopold.
Despite the fact the Sabres look to be selling in the lead-up to Wednesday’s trade deadline (3 p.m. ET), Ott hopes perhaps Buffalo can go looking to buy tomorrow.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39