Apr 2, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak suffered what is reported to be a groin injury in the final seconds of the first period in Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
“Unfortunately, it looks like it’s going to be a little while,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Brian Elliott was forced to come off the bench in a relief effort, making 19 saves on 20 shots in a 4-1 St. Louis win over the Wild.
“You never want to see a teammate go down,” Elliott told NHL.com. “I just grabbed my helmet. Luckily, there was only about 15 seconds left in that period and I could come in here, get my mind right and help the team as much as I could.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54