Apr 2, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak suffered what is reported to be a groin injury in the final seconds of the first period in Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
“Unfortunately, it looks like it’s going to be a little while,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Brian Elliott was forced to come off the bench in a relief effort, making 19 saves on 20 shots in a 4-1 St. Louis win over the Wild.
“You never want to see a teammate go down,” Elliott told NHL.com. “I just grabbed my helmet. Luckily, there was only about 15 seconds left in that period and I could come in here, get my mind right and help the team as much as I could.”
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)