Apr 2, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak suffered what is reported to be a groin injury in the final seconds of the first period in Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
“Unfortunately, it looks like it’s going to be a little while,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Brian Elliott was forced to come off the bench in a relief effort, making 19 saves on 20 shots in a 4-1 St. Louis win over the Wild.
“You never want to see a teammate go down,” Elliott told NHL.com. “I just grabbed my helmet. Luckily, there was only about 15 seconds left in that period and I could come in here, get my mind right and help the team as much as I could.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)