Apr 2, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak suffered what is reported to be a groin injury in the final seconds of the first period in Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
“Unfortunately, it looks like it’s going to be a little while,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Brian Elliott was forced to come off the bench in a relief effort, making 19 saves on 20 shots in a 4-1 St. Louis win over the Wild.
“You never want to see a teammate go down,” Elliott told NHL.com. “I just grabbed my helmet. Luckily, there was only about 15 seconds left in that period and I could come in here, get my mind right and help the team as much as I could.”
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)