Apr 2, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The deal was first reported by Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
The Stars will also receive a conditional second-round pick. (If the Bruins win two playoff series, the pick becomes a first-rounder.)
Much of the desire to add a forward of Jagr’s caliber had been due to the struggles of wingers Nathan Horton and Milan Lucic, though both those players have shown signs of offensive life in the past few games.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games. The 41-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)