Apr 2, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The deal was first reported by Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
The Stars will also receive a conditional second-round pick. (If the Bruins win two playoff series, the pick becomes a first-rounder.)
Much of the desire to add a forward of Jagr’s caliber had been due to the struggles of wingers Nathan Horton and Milan Lucic, though both those players have shown signs of offensive life in the past few games.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games. The 41-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 34
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)