Apr 2, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The deal was first reported by Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
The Stars will also receive a conditional second-round pick. (If the Bruins win two playoff series, the pick becomes a first-rounder.)
Much of the desire to add a forward of Jagr’s caliber had been due to the struggles of wingers Nathan Horton and Milan Lucic, though both those players have shown signs of offensive life in the past few games.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games. The 41-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 23
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)