Apr 2, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The deal was first reported by Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
The Stars will also receive a conditional second-round pick. (If the Bruins win two playoff series, the pick becomes a first-rounder.)
Much of the desire to add a forward of Jagr’s caliber had been due to the struggles of wingers Nathan Horton and Milan Lucic, though both those players have shown signs of offensive life in the past few games.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games. The 41-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)