Apr 2, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes and Washington Capitals exchanged minor league pugilists on Tuesday — the ‘Yotes sent Joel Rechlicz back to Washington in exchange for Matthew Clackson.
Rechlicz, 25, appeared in three games for the Capitals last year after forging a reputation as one of the toughest players in the AHL. He racked up a whopping 267 penalty minutes in just 44 games with Hershey, fighting 17 times.
Clackson, 27, has spent time with the Flyers, Canucks and Capitals organizations but has yet to appear in an NHL contest.
His biggest claim to fame was his 2008-09 AHL campaign with the Philadelphia Phantoms, during which he fought 33 times (not a typo) in 80 games, racking up 263 penalty minutes.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (85)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)