Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
“Marc-Andre is a skilled, veteran defenseman who has made a good career out of helping teams on the power play,” said Carolina general manager Rutherford in a release.
Carolina’s power play ranks dead last in the NHL, converting on just 12.7 percent of its opportunities.
Bergeron has one goal and four assists in 12 games this season. A pending unrestricted free agent, the 32-year-old has been a healthy scratch on numerous occasions this season.
In Hall, the Lightning get a familiar face back on the roster. The 32-year-old defensive forward was picked up on waivers by Carolina from Tampa Bay on March 16.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 18
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 55
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (55)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)