Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
“Marc-Andre is a skilled, veteran defenseman who has made a good career out of helping teams on the power play,” said Carolina general manager Rutherford in a release.
Carolina’s power play ranks dead last in the NHL, converting on just 12.7 percent of its opportunities.
Bergeron has one goal and four assists in 12 games this season. A pending unrestricted free agent, the 32-year-old has been a healthy scratch on numerous occasions this season.
In Hall, the Lightning get a familiar face back on the roster. The 32-year-old defensive forward was picked up on waivers by Carolina from Tampa Bay on March 16.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)