Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
“Marc-Andre is a skilled, veteran defenseman who has made a good career out of helping teams on the power play,” said Carolina general manager Rutherford in a release.
Carolina’s power play ranks dead last in the NHL, converting on just 12.7 percent of its opportunities.
Bergeron has one goal and four assists in 12 games this season. A pending unrestricted free agent, the 32-year-old has been a healthy scratch on numerous occasions this season.
In Hall, the Lightning get a familiar face back on the roster. The 32-year-old defensive forward was picked up on waivers by Carolina from Tampa Bay on March 16.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20