Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
“Marc-Andre is a skilled, veteran defenseman who has made a good career out of helping teams on the power play,” said Carolina general manager Rutherford in a release.
Carolina’s power play ranks dead last in the NHL, converting on just 12.7 percent of its opportunities.
Bergeron has one goal and four assists in 12 games this season. A pending unrestricted free agent, the 32-year-old has been a healthy scratch on numerous occasions this season.
In Hall, the Lightning get a familiar face back on the roster. The 32-year-old defensive forward was picked up on waivers by Carolina from Tampa Bay on March 16.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)