Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
“Marc-Andre is a skilled, veteran defenseman who has made a good career out of helping teams on the power play,” said Carolina general manager Rutherford in a release.
Carolina’s power play ranks dead last in the NHL, converting on just 12.7 percent of its opportunities.
Bergeron has one goal and four assists in 12 games this season. A pending unrestricted free agent, the 32-year-old has been a healthy scratch on numerous occasions this season.
In Hall, the Lightning get a familiar face back on the roster. The 32-year-old defensive forward was picked up on waivers by Carolina from Tampa Bay on March 16.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)