Apr 2, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Now that Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla have found new homes in Boston and Pittsburgh, respectively, the spotlight on Ryane Clowe‘s situation in San Jose will only intensify as tomorrow’s deadline draws closer.
On Monday, it appeared that Clowe was on the verge of joining the Philadelphia Flyers. Obviously, that hasn’t happened.
Another team that could push to get Clowe is Montreal; however, the Habs may not be in the same “go for it” mode as Vancouver.
The Wild, Blackhawks and Rangers have reportedly shown interest too.
Clowe, 30, has a full no-trade clause, and according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman, that may be holding things up.
Wrote Friedman today: “What the Sharks want and what Clowe wants don’t align with the best possible trade — yet. I still think it all gets worked out, maybe a day later than everyone expected.”
Despite a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. Perhaps more importantly, he’s also shown he can produce in the playoffs.
Update (5:35 p.m. ET):
Ryane Clowe Sweepstakes down to NYR and VAN but all the smart money is being put down on the Rangers. Stay tuned.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 2, 2013
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)