Apr 2, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Now that Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla have found new homes in Boston and Pittsburgh, respectively, the spotlight on Ryane Clowe‘s situation in San Jose will only intensify as tomorrow’s deadline draws closer.
On Monday, it appeared that Clowe was on the verge of joining the Philadelphia Flyers. Obviously, that hasn’t happened.
Another team that could push to get Clowe is Montreal; however, the Habs may not be in the same “go for it” mode as Vancouver.
The Wild, Blackhawks and Rangers have reportedly shown interest too.
Clowe, 30, has a full no-trade clause, and according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman, that may be holding things up.
Wrote Friedman today: “What the Sharks want and what Clowe wants don’t align with the best possible trade — yet. I still think it all gets worked out, maybe a day later than everyone expected.”
Despite a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. Perhaps more importantly, he’s also shown he can produce in the playoffs.
Update (5:35 p.m. ET):
Ryane Clowe Sweepstakes down to NYR and VAN but all the smart money is being put down on the Rangers. Stay tuned.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 2, 2013
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)