Apr 2, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
Now that Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla have found new homes in Boston and Pittsburgh, respectively, the spotlight on Ryane Clowe‘s situation in San Jose will only intensify as tomorrow’s deadline draws closer.
On Monday, it appeared that Clowe was on the verge of joining the Philadelphia Flyers. Obviously, that hasn’t happened.
Another team that could push to get Clowe is Montreal; however, the Habs may not be in the same “go for it” mode as Vancouver.
The Wild, Blackhawks and Rangers have reportedly shown interest too.
Clowe, 30, has a full no-trade clause, and according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman, that may be holding things up.
Wrote Friedman today: “What the Sharks want and what Clowe wants don’t align with the best possible trade — yet. I still think it all gets worked out, maybe a day later than everyone expected.”
Despite a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. Perhaps more importantly, he’s also shown he can produce in the playoffs.
Update (5:35 p.m. ET):
Ryane Clowe Sweepstakes down to NYR and VAN but all the smart money is being put down on the Rangers. Stay tuned.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 2, 2013
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)