Apr 2, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
Now that Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla have found new homes in Boston and Pittsburgh, respectively, the spotlight on Ryane Clowe‘s situation in San Jose will only intensify as tomorrow’s deadline draws closer.
On Monday, it appeared that Clowe was on the verge of joining the Philadelphia Flyers. Obviously, that hasn’t happened.
Another team that could push to get Clowe is Montreal; however, the Habs may not be in the same “go for it” mode as Vancouver.
The Wild, Blackhawks and Rangers have reportedly shown interest too.
Clowe, 30, has a full no-trade clause, and according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman, that may be holding things up.
Wrote Friedman today: “What the Sharks want and what Clowe wants don’t align with the best possible trade — yet. I still think it all gets worked out, maybe a day later than everyone expected.”
Despite a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. Perhaps more importantly, he’s also shown he can produce in the playoffs.
Update (5:35 p.m. ET):
Ryane Clowe Sweepstakes down to NYR and VAN but all the smart money is being put down on the Rangers. Stay tuned.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 2, 2013
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 6
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 7
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)