Apr 2, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Now that Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla have found new homes in Boston and Pittsburgh, respectively, the spotlight on Ryane Clowe‘s situation in San Jose will only intensify as tomorrow’s deadline draws closer.
On Monday, it appeared that Clowe was on the verge of joining the Philadelphia Flyers. Obviously, that hasn’t happened.
Another team that could push to get Clowe is Montreal; however, the Habs may not be in the same “go for it” mode as Vancouver.
The Wild, Blackhawks and Rangers have reportedly shown interest too.
Clowe, 30, has a full no-trade clause, and according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman, that may be holding things up.
Wrote Friedman today: “What the Sharks want and what Clowe wants don’t align with the best possible trade — yet. I still think it all gets worked out, maybe a day later than everyone expected.”
Despite a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. Perhaps more importantly, he’s also shown he can produce in the playoffs.
Update (5:35 p.m. ET):
Ryane Clowe Sweepstakes down to NYR and VAN but all the smart money is being put down on the Rangers. Stay tuned.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 2, 2013
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)