Apr 2, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr has provided the Dallas Stars with a list of teams to which he’d accept a trade.
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, told CKWX radio (Vancouver) that the list was given after contract talks failed to result in an extension for the 41-year-old.
It’s not clear if the list was provided at the request of the Stars. Per CapGeek, Jagr does not have a no-trade clause. However, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he’d refuse to report to a team that doesn’t meet with his approval. This is not, after all, a fringe player that needs to take what he’s given.
Svoboda wouldn’t (or couldn’t) say which teams are on the list.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that the Stars will indeed trade Jagr.
The Boston Bruins are the favorites to acquire the star winger.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)