Apr 2, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr has provided the Dallas Stars with a list of teams to which he’d accept a trade.
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, told CKWX radio (Vancouver) that the list was given after contract talks failed to result in an extension for the 41-year-old.
It’s not clear if the list was provided at the request of the Stars. Per CapGeek, Jagr does not have a no-trade clause. However, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he’d refuse to report to a team that doesn’t meet with his approval. This is not, after all, a fringe player that needs to take what he’s given.
Svoboda wouldn’t (or couldn’t) say which teams are on the list.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that the Stars will indeed trade Jagr.
The Boston Bruins are the favorites to acquire the star winger.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)