Apr 2, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr has provided the Dallas Stars with a list of teams to which he’d accept a trade.
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, told CKWX radio (Vancouver) that the list was given after contract talks failed to result in an extension for the 41-year-old.
It’s not clear if the list was provided at the request of the Stars. Per CapGeek, Jagr does not have a no-trade clause. However, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he’d refuse to report to a team that doesn’t meet with his approval. This is not, after all, a fringe player that needs to take what he’s given.
Svoboda wouldn’t (or couldn’t) say which teams are on the list.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that the Stars will indeed trade Jagr.
The Boston Bruins are the favorites to acquire the star winger.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)