Apr 2, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr has provided the Dallas Stars with a list of teams to which he’d accept a trade.
Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, told CKWX radio (Vancouver) that the list was given after contract talks failed to result in an extension for the 41-year-old.
It’s not clear if the list was provided at the request of the Stars. Per CapGeek, Jagr does not have a no-trade clause. However, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he’d refuse to report to a team that doesn’t meet with his approval. This is not, after all, a fringe player that needs to take what he’s given.
Svoboda wouldn’t (or couldn’t) say which teams are on the list.
Jagr has 14 goals and 12 assists in 34 games.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that the Stars will indeed trade Jagr.
The Boston Bruins are the favorites to acquire the star winger.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 4
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)