Apr 2, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
It’s over at 15.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 15-game winning streak, which saw them victorious in every game they played in the month of March, came to an end Tuesday evening in a 4-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
- Nothing to lose? The Sabres dealt defenseman Robyn Regehr yesterday and came into today’s game against Pittsburgh sitting 13th in the Eastern Conference, seven points out of a playoff spot.
- How much will the Penguins miss Sidney Crosby? The super star was released from hospital and there is, right now, no exact timetable for his return.
- Which streak was more impressive – the Penguins’ 15-game winning streak, or Chicago’s 24-game streak without a regulation loss to begin the season?
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2