Apr 2, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
It’s over at 15.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 15-game winning streak, which saw them victorious in every game they played in the month of March, came to an end Tuesday evening in a 4-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
- Nothing to lose? The Sabres dealt defenseman Robyn Regehr yesterday and came into today’s game against Pittsburgh sitting 13th in the Eastern Conference, seven points out of a playoff spot.
- How much will the Penguins miss Sidney Crosby? The super star was released from hospital and there is, right now, no exact timetable for his return.
- Which streak was more impressive – the Penguins’ 15-game winning streak, or Chicago’s 24-game streak without a regulation loss to begin the season?
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 2
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 12
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)