Apr 2, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
It’s over at 15.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 15-game winning streak, which saw them victorious in every game they played in the month of March, came to an end Tuesday evening in a 4-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.
- Nothing to lose? The Sabres dealt defenseman Robyn Regehr yesterday and came into today’s game against Pittsburgh sitting 13th in the Eastern Conference, seven points out of a playoff spot.
- How much will the Penguins miss Sidney Crosby? The super star was released from hospital and there is, right now, no exact timetable for his return.
- Which streak was more impressive – the Penguins’ 15-game winning streak, or Chicago’s 24-game streak without a regulation loss to begin the season?
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)