Apr 2, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
As a result, Dreger believes Streit will become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, it’s not clear if the Isles will trade the 35-year-old prior to tomorrow’s deadline.
The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman wrote today that the Detroit Red Wings, among others, would “love to get” Streit.
Streit has five goals and 13 assists in 36 games while averaging a team-high 24:06 of ice time.
The budget-conscious club is also right in the thick of the playoff race, tied in points with the eighth-place Rangers, though the Isles have played one more game.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)