Apr 2, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
As a result, Dreger believes Streit will become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, it’s not clear if the Isles will trade the 35-year-old prior to tomorrow’s deadline.
The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman wrote today that the Detroit Red Wings, among others, would “love to get” Streit.
Streit has five goals and 13 assists in 36 games while averaging a team-high 24:06 of ice time.
The budget-conscious club is also right in the thick of the playoff race, tied in points with the eighth-place Rangers, though the Isles have played one more game.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36