Apr 2, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
As a result, Dreger believes Streit will become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, it’s not clear if the Isles will trade the 35-year-old prior to tomorrow’s deadline.
The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman wrote today that the Detroit Red Wings, among others, would “love to get” Streit.
Streit has five goals and 13 assists in 36 games while averaging a team-high 24:06 of ice time.
The budget-conscious club is also right in the thick of the playoff race, tied in points with the eighth-place Rangers, though the Isles have played one more game.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (144)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)