Apr 2, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
As a result, Dreger believes Streit will become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, it’s not clear if the Isles will trade the 35-year-old prior to tomorrow’s deadline.
The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman wrote today that the Detroit Red Wings, among others, would “love to get” Streit.
Streit has five goals and 13 assists in 36 games while averaging a team-high 24:06 of ice time.
The budget-conscious club is also right in the thick of the playoff race, tied in points with the eighth-place Rangers, though the Isles have played one more game.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15