Apr 2, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
As a result, Dreger believes Streit will become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, it’s not clear if the Isles will trade the 35-year-old prior to tomorrow’s deadline.
The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman wrote today that the Detroit Red Wings, among others, would “love to get” Streit.
Streit has five goals and 13 assists in 36 games while averaging a team-high 24:06 of ice time.
The budget-conscious club is also right in the thick of the playoff race, tied in points with the eighth-place Rangers, though the Isles have played one more game.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18