Apr 2, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The Sabres will once again be without their top scorer tonight when they take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
The Sabres are 13th in the Eastern Conference, five points back of a playoff spot with just 12 games remaining in what’s been another disappointing season.
Vanek is just one of a number of key Buffalo players that’s heard his name come up in trade rumors. Captain Jason Pominville and goalie Ryan Miller could also potentially be moved by Wednesday’s deadline.
“I understand the business of things,” Pominville said today, per the Buffalo News.
“I understand [Sabres general manager Darcy Regier] has a job to do, and he’s trying to do his best to do what’s best for the team and the franchise. By no means does it mean I’m gone or stuff like that. I think it’s just part of the process. It’s a step that he has to do and he has to deal with.
“It could happen, but would I be completely shocked if it didn’t? Probably not.”
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)