Apr 2, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
The next two days for the Dallas Stars could wind up being very busy.
As Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports, there hasn’t been any progress there and he may have to swing some deals to help the future of the franchise even in spite of the Stars being four points out of a playoff spot.
“These are very difficult decisions,” Nieuwendyk said Monday during the second intermission of the Stars’ 4-0 loss to Anaheim. “They’re never easy.”
With Dallas being losers of three of their last four and their next two games coming against Anaheim (yes, three in a row – scheduling quirk) a playoff spot could slip further away. The Stars haven’t made the playoffs since 2008 and making the postseason is clearly the goal to have. Is that worth possibly mortgaging the future and losing impending free agents for nothing? It’s a tough spot indeed for Nieuwendyk.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)