Apr 2, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
The next two days for the Dallas Stars could wind up being very busy.
As Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports, there hasn’t been any progress there and he may have to swing some deals to help the future of the franchise even in spite of the Stars being four points out of a playoff spot.
“These are very difficult decisions,” Nieuwendyk said Monday during the second intermission of the Stars’ 4-0 loss to Anaheim. “They’re never easy.”
With Dallas being losers of three of their last four and their next two games coming against Anaheim (yes, three in a row – scheduling quirk) a playoff spot could slip further away. The Stars haven’t made the playoffs since 2008 and making the postseason is clearly the goal to have. Is that worth possibly mortgaging the future and losing impending free agents for nothing? It’s a tough spot indeed for Nieuwendyk.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)