Apr 2, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
The next two days for the Dallas Stars could wind up being very busy.
As Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports, there hasn’t been any progress there and he may have to swing some deals to help the future of the franchise even in spite of the Stars being four points out of a playoff spot.
“These are very difficult decisions,” Nieuwendyk said Monday during the second intermission of the Stars’ 4-0 loss to Anaheim. “They’re never easy.”
With Dallas being losers of three of their last four and their next two games coming against Anaheim (yes, three in a row – scheduling quirk) a playoff spot could slip further away. The Stars haven’t made the playoffs since 2008 and making the postseason is clearly the goal to have. Is that worth possibly mortgaging the future and losing impending free agents for nothing? It’s a tough spot indeed for Nieuwendyk.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7