Apr 2, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
“Mark is a smart, versatile forward who brings consistency and a great work ethic every time he takes the ice and we are very pleased to have him remain with our hockey club,” said Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen in a release.
The deal is worth $2.5 million ($1.25 million cap hit), per the Columbus Dispatch.
Letestu was named the first star of the Jackets’ 2-1 OT victory over Anaheim on Sunday. The 28-year-old scored the overtime winner, plus he added an assist on his team’s first goal.
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 14
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 3
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)