Apr 2, 2013, 10:51 AM EST
“Mark is a smart, versatile forward who brings consistency and a great work ethic every time he takes the ice and we are very pleased to have him remain with our hockey club,” said Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen in a release.
The deal is worth $2.5 million ($1.25 million cap hit), per the Columbus Dispatch.
Letestu was named the first star of the Jackets’ 2-1 OT victory over Anaheim on Sunday. The 28-year-old scored the overtime winner, plus he added an assist on his team’s first goal.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 14
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)