Apr 2, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
“Mark is a smart, versatile forward who brings consistency and a great work ethic every time he takes the ice and we are very pleased to have him remain with our hockey club,” said Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen in a release.
The deal is worth $2.5 million ($1.25 million cap hit), per the Columbus Dispatch.
Letestu was named the first star of the Jackets’ 2-1 OT victory over Anaheim on Sunday. The 28-year-old scored the overtime winner, plus he added an assist on his team’s first goal.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53