Apr 2, 2013, 2:20 AM EST
Calgary Flames general manager Jay Feaster has traded away very distinguished hockey players in Iginla and Bouwmeester – expensive, though, with cap hits of $7 million and $6.68 million, respectively – and his club continues to plummet in the Western Conference standings.
On Monday, sans Bouwmeester, the Flames were beaten up by their Alberta rivals, the Edmonton Oilers, 4-1. Calgary sits 14th in the Western Conference, two points clear of the bottom-dwelling Colorado Avalanche.
Frustration brews among hockey fans in Cowtown.
Feaster accepted his share of the blame for the dismal position his hockey club is in, but also believes there are lessons to be learned from hard times like this.
“But the reality of it is, if it’s on anybody, if it’s anybody’s fault, then it’s my fault. I should have had the intellectual honesty even earlier and said this isn’t working.
“So shame on me, but I’m making sure we’re going to correct that going forward.”
Dec 12, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
That and all the links you need to start the day.
Dec 12, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
Perhaps up to $71 million for next season.
Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
Some kind of pace he’s on.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
Dropped third straight on Tuesday.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
Couple of beauties.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
Taking positives, despite result.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:27 PM EST
Interesting comment to make.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
Turned for the Flyers in second period, got worse from there.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
That was fast.
Dec 11, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Not a big deal to him, though.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Rivalry Night starts with a bang.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
“I’m sure it’s going to be up there. It’s going to be steep.”
Dec 11, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Tampa Bay-Washington game.
Dec 11, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
“I’m not too worried about someone coming after me.”
Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
Physical defenseman was 10th overall pick in his draft class.
Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Carolina-Edmonton game.
Dec 11, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Only five others have done it before.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Petr Mrazek called up from the AHL.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 1
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 32
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 56
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)