Apr 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Hillen has one assist in 10 games this season. The 26-year-old missed 25 games with a shoulder injury that he suffered in January.
Clearly, Hillen has been doing something right in coach Adam Oates’ eyes. On Saturday, Hillen played 25:19 in a 4-3 shootout win in Buffalo.
In other news out of Washington today — which is shaping up to be a pretty busy one — the Caps also acquired minor-leaguer Dane Byers from Edmonton in exchange for Garrett Stafford.
That’s the second AHL deal the Caps swung today. Earlier, they re-acquired Joel Rechlicz from Phoenix in exchange for Matthew Clackson.
The Caps also signed University of Minnesota defenseman Nate Schmidt to a two-year entry-level contract on Tuesday.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)