Apr 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Hillen has one assist in 10 games this season. The 26-year-old missed 25 games with a shoulder injury that he suffered in January.
Clearly, Hillen has been doing something right in coach Adam Oates’ eyes. On Saturday, Hillen played 25:19 in a 4-3 shootout win in Buffalo.
In other news out of Washington today — which is shaping up to be a pretty busy one — the Caps also acquired minor-leaguer Dane Byers from Edmonton in exchange for Garrett Stafford.
That’s the second AHL deal the Caps swung today. Earlier, they re-acquired Joel Rechlicz from Phoenix in exchange for Matthew Clackson.
The Caps also signed University of Minnesota defenseman Nate Schmidt to a two-year entry-level contract on Tuesday.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)