Apr 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Hillen has one assist in 10 games this season. The 26-year-old missed 25 games with a shoulder injury that he suffered in January.
Clearly, Hillen has been doing something right in coach Adam Oates’ eyes. On Saturday, Hillen played 25:19 in a 4-3 shootout win in Buffalo.
In other news out of Washington today — which is shaping up to be a pretty busy one — the Caps also acquired minor-leaguer Dane Byers from Edmonton in exchange for Garrett Stafford.
That’s the second AHL deal the Caps swung today. Earlier, they re-acquired Joel Rechlicz from Phoenix in exchange for Matthew Clackson.
The Caps also signed University of Minnesota defenseman Nate Schmidt to a two-year entry-level contract on Tuesday.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)