Apr 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Hillen has one assist in 10 games this season. The 26-year-old missed 25 games with a shoulder injury that he suffered in January.
Clearly, Hillen has been doing something right in coach Adam Oates’ eyes. On Saturday, Hillen played 25:19 in a 4-3 shootout win in Buffalo.
In other news out of Washington today — which is shaping up to be a pretty busy one — the Caps also acquired minor-leaguer Dane Byers from Edmonton in exchange for Garrett Stafford.
That’s the second AHL deal the Caps swung today. Earlier, they re-acquired Joel Rechlicz from Phoenix in exchange for Matthew Clackson.
The Caps also signed University of Minnesota defenseman Nate Schmidt to a two-year entry-level contract on Tuesday.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54