Apr 2, 2013, 12:08 AM EDT
One of the Vancouver Canucks’ biggest necessities heading further into the stretch drive and the post-season is a proven NHL center.
While general manager Mike Gillis could acquire one through a trade, the Canucks have received good news with respect to the injured Ryan Kesler.
Ben Kuzma of The Province reported that a CT scan Monday revealed a hairline fracture in his right foot was fully healed.
Dan Murphy of Sportsnet reported on Twitter Monday evening that Kesler “could be back in a week.”
Kesler has played in just seven games for Vancouver this season. He missed almost a full month of the truncated regular season after having wrist and shoulder surgeries during last year’s off-season.
In seven games, the 2011 Selke Trophy winner had one goal and five assists.
Kesler suffered the injury blocking a shot on Feb. 15 against the Dallas Stars, which happened to be his first game back from his off-season operations and rehab.
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 7
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 2
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 19
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 9
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 60
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)