Apr 2, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The hit, which occurred at the 12-minute mark of the second period, appeared to be inadvertent and Greening wasn’t penalized on the play.
Bergeron skated immediately to the Bruins bench and indicated something was wrong, then left for good. The club announced during the intermission that he wouldn’t be back.
The immediate concern for the Bruins is Bergeron’s concussion history.
The reigning Selke winner missed nearly the entire 2007-08 season after suffering a concussion on a hit from then-Flyers defenseman Randy Jones.
Bergeron also suffered a concussion during the 2011 Eastern Conference semifinals, which forced him to miss a pair of playoff games.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)