Apr 2, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The hit, which occurred at the 12-minute mark of the second period, appeared to be inadvertent and Greening wasn’t penalized on the play.
Bergeron skated immediately to the Bruins bench and indicated something was wrong, then left for good. The club announced during the intermission that he wouldn’t be back.
The immediate concern for the Bruins is Bergeron’s concussion history.
The reigning Selke winner missed nearly the entire 2007-08 season after suffering a concussion on a hit from then-Flyers defenseman Randy Jones.
Bergeron also suffered a concussion during the 2011 Eastern Conference semifinals, which forced him to miss a pair of playoff games.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)