Apr 2, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The hit, which occurred at the 12-minute mark of the second period, appeared to be inadvertent and Greening wasn’t penalized on the play.
Bergeron skated immediately to the Bruins bench and indicated something was wrong, then left for good. The club announced during the intermission that he wouldn’t be back.
The immediate concern for the Bruins is Bergeron’s concussion history.
The reigning Selke winner missed nearly the entire 2007-08 season after suffering a concussion on a hit from then-Flyers defenseman Randy Jones.
Bergeron also suffered a concussion during the 2011 Eastern Conference semifinals, which forced him to miss a pair of playoff games.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18