Apr 2, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The hit, which occurred at the 12-minute mark of the second period, appeared to be inadvertent and Greening wasn’t penalized on the play.
Bergeron skated immediately to the Bruins bench and indicated something was wrong, then left for good. The club announced during the intermission that he wouldn’t be back.
The immediate concern for the Bruins is Bergeron’s concussion history.
The reigning Selke winner missed nearly the entire 2007-08 season after suffering a concussion on a hit from then-Flyers defenseman Randy Jones.
Bergeron also suffered a concussion during the 2011 Eastern Conference semifinals, which forced him to miss a pair of playoff games.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 30
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 53
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 34
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (53)