Apr 2, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Oshie, 26, injured his foot blocking a shot last Thursday against the Kings. He was held out of the Blues lineup for Monday’s 4-1 win over Minnesota and didn’t travel with the team, putting his return date in question.
The Blues are in the midst of a stretch where they play five of their next six on the road, which includes date this Thursday against Western Conference-leading Chicago.
Going without Oshie over this stretch will be tough. He was fifth on the team in scoring (20 points) and was averaging over 19 minutes per contest.
The 22-year-old netminder has appeared in 12 games with the Blues this season, posting an 8-3-0 record with a 2.45 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage.
The pair will solidify a defense that could make the argument of being the league’s deepest group.
In a related move, the Blues also called up forward Adam Cracknell from Peoria. He’s played in eight games with the Blues this season, recording two points.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)