Apr 2, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
Oshie, 26, injured his foot blocking a shot last Thursday against the Kings. He was held out of the Blues lineup for Monday’s 4-1 win over Minnesota and didn’t travel with the team, putting his return date in question.
The Blues are in the midst of a stretch where they play five of their next six on the road, which includes date this Thursday against Western Conference-leading Chicago.
Going without Oshie over this stretch will be tough. He was fifth on the team in scoring (20 points) and was averaging over 19 minutes per contest.
The 22-year-old netminder has appeared in 12 games with the Blues this season, posting an 8-3-0 record with a 2.45 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage.
The pair will solidify a defense that could make the argument of being the league’s deepest group.
In a related move, the Blues also called up forward Adam Cracknell from Peoria. He’s played in eight games with the Blues this season, recording two points.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4