Apr 2, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Oshie, 26, injured his foot blocking a shot last Thursday against the Kings. He was held out of the Blues lineup for Monday’s 4-1 win over Minnesota and didn’t travel with the team, putting his return date in question.
The Blues are in the midst of a stretch where they play five of their next six on the road, which includes date this Thursday against Western Conference-leading Chicago.
Going without Oshie over this stretch will be tough. He was fifth on the team in scoring (20 points) and was averaging over 19 minutes per contest.
The 22-year-old netminder has appeared in 12 games with the Blues this season, posting an 8-3-0 record with a 2.45 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage.
The pair will solidify a defense that could make the argument of being the league’s deepest group.
In a related move, the Blues also called up forward Adam Cracknell from Peoria. He’s played in eight games with the Blues this season, recording two points.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17