Apr 2, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Oshie, 26, injured his foot blocking a shot last Thursday against the Kings. He was held out of the Blues lineup for Monday’s 4-1 win over Minnesota and didn’t travel with the team, putting his return date in question.
The Blues are in the midst of a stretch where they play five of their next six on the road, which includes date this Thursday against Western Conference-leading Chicago.
Going without Oshie over this stretch will be tough. He was fifth on the team in scoring (20 points) and was averaging over 19 minutes per contest.
The 22-year-old netminder has appeared in 12 games with the Blues this season, posting an 8-3-0 record with a 2.45 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage.
The pair will solidify a defense that could make the argument of being the league’s deepest group.
In a related move, the Blues also called up forward Adam Cracknell from Peoria. He’s played in eight games with the Blues this season, recording two points.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)