Apr 2, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Oshie, 26, injured his foot blocking a shot last Thursday against the Kings. He was held out of the Blues lineup for Monday’s 4-1 win over Minnesota and didn’t travel with the team, putting his return date in question.
The Blues are in the midst of a stretch where they play five of their next six on the road, which includes date this Thursday against Western Conference-leading Chicago.
Going without Oshie over this stretch will be tough. He was fifth on the team in scoring (20 points) and was averaging over 19 minutes per contest.
The 22-year-old netminder has appeared in 12 games with the Blues this season, posting an 8-3-0 record with a 2.45 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage.
The pair will solidify a defense that could make the argument of being the league’s deepest group.
In a related move, the Blues also called up forward Adam Cracknell from Peoria. He’s played in eight games with the Blues this season, recording two points.
- Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 1
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 65
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)