Apr 2, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
The injury reportedly occurred when Bolland blocked a Shea Weber shot in the first period of Monday’s game between the Blackhawks and Nashville Predators. He went to the dressing room and did not return.
The Blackhawks raced out to a two-goal lead over Nashville, before winning 3-2 in a shootout.
Defenseman Michal Rozsival scored for Chicago in the fifth round of the skills competition for the win. He still doesn’t have a goal in regulation or overtime this season.
Rozsival didn’t do anything out of the ordinary or spectacular. Just a deke to the backhand and top corner on Nashville goalie Pekka Rinne.
“We’ve seen it a few times in the practices,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
“He does the same move every time. He pulls it to his backhand and he seems to score every time. I thought it was a good call for the coaches to put him in there and the wily veteran he is, he stuffed it into the net.”
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 5
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 35
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)