Apr 2, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
The injury reportedly occurred when Bolland blocked a Shea Weber shot in the first period of Monday’s game between the Blackhawks and Nashville Predators. He went to the dressing room and did not return.
The Blackhawks raced out to a two-goal lead over Nashville, before winning 3-2 in a shootout.
Defenseman Michal Rozsival scored for Chicago in the fifth round of the skills competition for the win. He still doesn’t have a goal in regulation or overtime this season.
Rozsival didn’t do anything out of the ordinary or spectacular. Just a deke to the backhand and top corner on Nashville goalie Pekka Rinne.
“We’ve seen it a few times in the practices,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
“He does the same move every time. He pulls it to his backhand and he seems to score every time. I thought it was a good call for the coaches to put him in there and the wily veteran he is, he stuffed it into the net.”
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)