Apr 2, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
The injury reportedly occurred when Bolland blocked a Shea Weber shot in the first period of Monday’s game between the Blackhawks and Nashville Predators. He went to the dressing room and did not return.
The Blackhawks raced out to a two-goal lead over Nashville, before winning 3-2 in a shootout.
Defenseman Michal Rozsival scored for Chicago in the fifth round of the skills competition for the win. He still doesn’t have a goal in regulation or overtime this season.
Rozsival didn’t do anything out of the ordinary or spectacular. Just a deke to the backhand and top corner on Nashville goalie Pekka Rinne.
“We’ve seen it a few times in the practices,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
“He does the same move every time. He pulls it to his backhand and he seems to score every time. I thought it was a good call for the coaches to put him in there and the wily veteran he is, he stuffed it into the net.”
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)