Apr 2, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
The injury reportedly occurred when Bolland blocked a Shea Weber shot in the first period of Monday’s game between the Blackhawks and Nashville Predators. He went to the dressing room and did not return.
The Blackhawks raced out to a two-goal lead over Nashville, before winning 3-2 in a shootout.
Defenseman Michal Rozsival scored for Chicago in the fifth round of the skills competition for the win. He still doesn’t have a goal in regulation or overtime this season.
Rozsival didn’t do anything out of the ordinary or spectacular. Just a deke to the backhand and top corner on Nashville goalie Pekka Rinne.
“We’ve seen it a few times in the practices,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
“He does the same move every time. He pulls it to his backhand and he seems to score every time. I thought it was a good call for the coaches to put him in there and the wily veteran he is, he stuffed it into the net.”
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8