Apr 1, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils will have Dainius Zubrus back in the lineup tonight for the first time since the 34-year-old hurt his wrist on Feb. 5.
“I feel good, it’s been a while,” Zubrus told reporters, per NHL.com. “I think I have [my stamina] back. After about 10 days after my surgery I was able to work out, so I feel like I’m in pretty good shape. I know getting back in a game situation is a little different since you battle guys and push guys, so that adds a lot more work, but it’s not going to be the first time I’ve ever done this, so I think I’ll be OK.”
Zubrus had surgery on Feb. 14 and says he’s feeling “good enough” to get back into action.
The Devils host the Islanders tonight. New Jersey sits seventh in the Eastern Conference, four points clear of the eighth-place Rangers and ninth-place Isles.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)