Apr 1, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils will have Dainius Zubrus back in the lineup tonight for the first time since the 34-year-old hurt his wrist on Feb. 5.
“I feel good, it’s been a while,” Zubrus told reporters, per NHL.com. “I think I have [my stamina] back. After about 10 days after my surgery I was able to work out, so I feel like I’m in pretty good shape. I know getting back in a game situation is a little different since you battle guys and push guys, so that adds a lot more work, but it’s not going to be the first time I’ve ever done this, so I think I’ll be OK.”
Zubrus had surgery on Feb. 14 and says he’s feeling “good enough” to get back into action.
The Devils host the Islanders tonight. New Jersey sits seventh in the Eastern Conference, four points clear of the eighth-place Rangers and ninth-place Isles.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 0
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 9
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 18
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)