Apr 1, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils will have Dainius Zubrus back in the lineup tonight for the first time since the 34-year-old hurt his wrist on Feb. 5.
“I feel good, it’s been a while,” Zubrus told reporters, per NHL.com. “I think I have [my stamina] back. After about 10 days after my surgery I was able to work out, so I feel like I’m in pretty good shape. I know getting back in a game situation is a little different since you battle guys and push guys, so that adds a lot more work, but it’s not going to be the first time I’ve ever done this, so I think I’ll be OK.”
Zubrus had surgery on Feb. 14 and says he’s feeling “good enough” to get back into action.
The Devils host the Islanders tonight. New Jersey sits seventh in the Eastern Conference, four points clear of the eighth-place Rangers and ninth-place Isles.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 11
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 64
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)