Apr 1, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils will have Dainius Zubrus back in the lineup tonight for the first time since the 34-year-old hurt his wrist on Feb. 5.
“I feel good, it’s been a while,” Zubrus told reporters, per NHL.com. “I think I have [my stamina] back. After about 10 days after my surgery I was able to work out, so I feel like I’m in pretty good shape. I know getting back in a game situation is a little different since you battle guys and push guys, so that adds a lot more work, but it’s not going to be the first time I’ve ever done this, so I think I’ll be OK.”
Zubrus had surgery on Feb. 14 and says he’s feeling “good enough” to get back into action.
The Devils host the Islanders tonight. New Jersey sits seventh in the Eastern Conference, four points clear of the eighth-place Rangers and ninth-place Isles.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)