Apr 1, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
The New Jersey Devils will have Dainius Zubrus back in the lineup tonight for the first time since the 34-year-old hurt his wrist on Feb. 5.
“I feel good, it’s been a while,” Zubrus told reporters, per NHL.com. “I think I have [my stamina] back. After about 10 days after my surgery I was able to work out, so I feel like I’m in pretty good shape. I know getting back in a game situation is a little different since you battle guys and push guys, so that adds a lot more work, but it’s not going to be the first time I’ve ever done this, so I think I’ll be OK.”
Zubrus had surgery on Feb. 14 and says he’s feeling “good enough” to get back into action.
The Devils host the Islanders tonight. New Jersey sits seventh in the Eastern Conference, four points clear of the eighth-place Rangers and ninth-place Isles.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)