Apr 1, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
Zolnierczyk, 25, has spent the last two seasons shuttling between Philly and its AHL affiliate in Adirondack. He played in 37 games for the Flyers during the 2011-12 season, scoring 3G-3A-6PTS.
This season, the former Brown University product appeared in seven games, making a name for himself with a series of controversial hits.
The most recent one came in early March, when he was suspended four games for charging Senators forward Mike Lundin. (Pictured)
Rosehill, 27, signed a one-year deal with the Ducks in early January, but has spent the entire season playing with AHL Norfolk. He’s actually been somewhat productive with the Admirals, scoring 4G-4A-8PTS in 33 games while racking up 90 PIM.
Rosehill last appeared in the NHL during the 2011-12 campaign, appearing in 31 games for Toronto. He failed to score a point but did register 60 penalty minutes and a minus-four rating.
So, what does this deal mean for each team?
Zolnierczyk’s aggressive ways will add to a Ducks team loaded with size: David Steckel (6-foot-6, 215 pounds) Bryan Allen (6-foot-5, 226 pounds), Sheldon Souray (6-foot-4, 233 pounds) Patrick Maroon (6-4, 225) and Brad Staubitz (30 fights over the last two seasons).
Of course, Harry Z will have to make the Ducks first. He’s reportedly off to Norfolk to start.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
A much-needed victory for Vancouver.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:14 AM EST
Short ones on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
Roberto Luongo: quiet, so far.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
Tyler Seguin is just on fire right now.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
Dallas scored once on the resulting five-minute major penalty.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Seeding battles heat up.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak wins in his Washington debut.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
He scored the game-winner for New Jersey against Carolina.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
A solid Saturday for the Sens.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
His No. 9 ascends to the rafters.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
His latest acquisitions Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick are set to debut Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Sounds like he’ll take his talents to Europe instead.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis earlier this month.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
Craig Anderson made 46 saves on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Making a strong first impression in St. Louis.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Petr Mrazek will backup Jimmy Howard.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
The Leafs have called up Frazer McLaren.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
She had a 0.96 GAA and .954 save percentage in the Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
He suffered the injury last Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
He might not be ready for the start of the playoffs either, should Columbus get that far.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 7
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 9
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 8
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)