Apr 1, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
Zolnierczyk, 25, has spent the last two seasons shuttling between Philly and its AHL affiliate in Adirondack. He played in 37 games for the Flyers during the 2011-12 season, scoring 3G-3A-6PTS.
This season, the former Brown University product appeared in seven games, making a name for himself with a series of controversial hits.
The most recent one came in early March, when he was suspended four games for charging Senators forward Mike Lundin. (Pictured)
Rosehill, 27, signed a one-year deal with the Ducks in early January, but has spent the entire season playing with AHL Norfolk. He’s actually been somewhat productive with the Admirals, scoring 4G-4A-8PTS in 33 games while racking up 90 PIM.
Rosehill last appeared in the NHL during the 2011-12 campaign, appearing in 31 games for Toronto. He failed to score a point but did register 60 penalty minutes and a minus-four rating.
So, what does this deal mean for each team?
Zolnierczyk’s aggressive ways will add to a Ducks team loaded with size: David Steckel (6-foot-6, 215 pounds) Bryan Allen (6-foot-5, 226 pounds), Sheldon Souray (6-foot-4, 233 pounds) Patrick Maroon (6-4, 225) and Brad Staubitz (30 fights over the last two seasons).
Of course, Harry Z will have to make the Ducks first. He’s reportedly off to Norfolk to start.
Dec 5, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
They’re 0-for-5 now.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 AM EST
They’ve been shut out three times in five games.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:01 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
The Calgary defenseman was sidelined since Oct. 21.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
He notched a career-high four points Wednesday.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM EST
Head coach Patrick Roy hasn’t been happy with his work.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Detroit sees end of four-game winning streak.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
Joining his Buffalo teammate Nikita Zadorov.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
Montreal gets seventh win in eight games.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EST
Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
A handsome salary.
Dec 4, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
Rare good injury news for the Red Wings.
Dec 4, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
That’s almost $15 million in cap hits on the shelf.
Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
Martin Marincin, Corey Potter and Anton Lander get called up.
Dec 4, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
“You’ve got to look at it: Who are your assets?”
Dec 4, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
Hard lines, Team Finland.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
Tough blow for the reigning Vezina winner.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
And as a bonus, their names rhyme.
Dec 4, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
Neither he nor Michal Handzus will suit up in Minnesota.
Dec 4, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
He’s missed the last three games.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 25
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 2
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)