Apr 1, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
Zolnierczyk, 25, has spent the last two seasons shuttling between Philly and its AHL affiliate in Adirondack. He played in 37 games for the Flyers during the 2011-12 season, scoring 3G-3A-6PTS.
This season, the former Brown University product appeared in seven games, making a name for himself with a series of controversial hits.
The most recent one came in early March, when he was suspended four games for charging Senators forward Mike Lundin. (Pictured)
Rosehill, 27, signed a one-year deal with the Ducks in early January, but has spent the entire season playing with AHL Norfolk. He’s actually been somewhat productive with the Admirals, scoring 4G-4A-8PTS in 33 games while racking up 90 PIM.
Rosehill last appeared in the NHL during the 2011-12 campaign, appearing in 31 games for Toronto. He failed to score a point but did register 60 penalty minutes and a minus-four rating.
So, what does this deal mean for each team?
Zolnierczyk’s aggressive ways will add to a Ducks team loaded with size: David Steckel (6-foot-6, 215 pounds) Bryan Allen (6-foot-5, 226 pounds), Sheldon Souray (6-foot-4, 233 pounds) Patrick Maroon (6-4, 225) and Brad Staubitz (30 fights over the last two seasons).
Of course, Harry Z will have to make the Ducks first. He’s reportedly off to Norfolk to start.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Making his debut on Chicago’s blue line tonight.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
The two lead Philly to a Stanley Cup final appearance in 1997.
Nov 20, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Surpasses his 2013-14 goal total.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:58 PM EST
Has his 11th of the season.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Was playing in the AHL at the time of the trade.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Luke Schenn will take the pre-game skate.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Meanwhile, Adam Clendening will make his NHL debut tonight vs. Calgary.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
The Canadiens are stockpiling blueliners, it seems.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Former teammates at Lake Superior State University, traded for each other.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:13 PM EST
“Mr. Voynov maintains his innocence and looks forward to clearing his name in court. We remain confident.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
“I don’t even remember who we play the next game.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:43 PM EST
Faces up to nine years in prison.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
The information was out there, the league argues.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
A look at two of the NHL’s most intriguing coaching situations.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
Are the Leafs married to mediocrity?
Nov 20, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
No makeup date announced yet.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 20, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
But the guy head coach Jon Cooper really wants back is Victor Hedman.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Prized free agent signing has just one goal in 17 games.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Nine of 10 against teams that made the playoffs last season.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 1
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 28
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)