Apr 1, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Sharks winger Ryane Clowe could be traded to the Philadelphia Flyers today, according to a report in the St. John’s (Newfoundland) Telegram.
Clowe, a Newfoundland native, already has a multi-year contract extension negotiated with the Flyers, a source tells the paper.
The 30-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker confirms that the Flyers are in on Clowe, but cautions that nothing is done yet.
As for a potential return, one name that’s making the rounds is Sean Couturier. The 20-year-old center is having a tough sophomore season after an excellent rookie campaign.
Despite the speculation, it’s hard to imagine the Flyers would give up Couturier for only Clowe. Philadelphia also has a need for defensemen, which brings Dan Boyle‘s name into the conversation.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)