Apr 1, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Sharks winger Ryane Clowe could be traded to the Philadelphia Flyers today, according to a report in the St. John’s (Newfoundland) Telegram.
Clowe, a Newfoundland native, already has a multi-year contract extension negotiated with the Flyers, a source tells the paper.
The 30-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker confirms that the Flyers are in on Clowe, but cautions that nothing is done yet.
As for a potential return, one name that’s making the rounds is Sean Couturier. The 20-year-old center is having a tough sophomore season after an excellent rookie campaign.
Despite the speculation, it’s hard to imagine the Flyers would give up Couturier for only Clowe. Philadelphia also has a need for defensemen, which brings Dan Boyle‘s name into the conversation.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25