Apr 1, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Sharks winger Ryane Clowe could be traded to the Philadelphia Flyers today, according to a report in the St. John’s (Newfoundland) Telegram.
Clowe, a Newfoundland native, already has a multi-year contract extension negotiated with the Flyers, a source tells the paper.
The 30-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker confirms that the Flyers are in on Clowe, but cautions that nothing is done yet.
As for a potential return, one name that’s making the rounds is Sean Couturier. The 20-year-old center is having a tough sophomore season after an excellent rookie campaign.
Despite the speculation, it’s hard to imagine the Flyers would give up Couturier for only Clowe. Philadelphia also has a need for defensemen, which brings Dan Boyle‘s name into the conversation.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)