Apr 1, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Sharks winger Ryane Clowe could be traded to the Philadelphia Flyers today, according to a report in the St. John’s (Newfoundland) Telegram.
Clowe, a Newfoundland native, already has a multi-year contract extension negotiated with the Flyers, a source tells the paper.
The 30-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker confirms that the Flyers are in on Clowe, but cautions that nothing is done yet.
As for a potential return, one name that’s making the rounds is Sean Couturier. The 20-year-old center is having a tough sophomore season after an excellent rookie campaign.
Despite the speculation, it’s hard to imagine the Flyers would give up Couturier for only Clowe. Philadelphia also has a need for defensemen, which brings Dan Boyle‘s name into the conversation.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)