Apr 1, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
“What center can you get to replace Sid, honestly?” Shero said, per the Tribune-Review. “We’ve made the moves we’re going to make, I think.”
Veteran defenseman Paul Martin — out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand — is another injury concern, however. With the postseason scheduled to begin April 30, it’s not clear if he’ll be healthy for the first round.
Martin is averaging 25:23 of ice time, second on the team to only defenseman Kris Letang. The Penguins do have depth on the back end, but Martin’s puck moving will be missed nonetheless.
Pittsburgh hosts Buffalo tomorrow.
The Penguins, as you may have heard, have won 15 straight games.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)