Apr 1, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
“What center can you get to replace Sid, honestly?” Shero said, per the Tribune-Review. “We’ve made the moves we’re going to make, I think.”
Veteran defenseman Paul Martin — out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand — is another injury concern, however. With the postseason scheduled to begin April 30, it’s not clear if he’ll be healthy for the first round.
Martin is averaging 25:23 of ice time, second on the team to only defenseman Kris Letang. The Penguins do have depth on the back end, but Martin’s puck moving will be missed nonetheless.
Pittsburgh hosts Buffalo tomorrow.
The Penguins, as you may have heard, have won 15 straight games.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10