Apr 1, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
“What center can you get to replace Sid, honestly?” Shero said, per the Tribune-Review. “We’ve made the moves we’re going to make, I think.”
Veteran defenseman Paul Martin — out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand — is another injury concern, however. With the postseason scheduled to begin April 30, it’s not clear if he’ll be healthy for the first round.
Martin is averaging 25:23 of ice time, second on the team to only defenseman Kris Letang. The Penguins do have depth on the back end, but Martin’s puck moving will be missed nonetheless.
Pittsburgh hosts Buffalo tomorrow.
The Penguins, as you may have heard, have won 15 straight games.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 11
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13