Apr 1, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
“What center can you get to replace Sid, honestly?” Shero said, per the Tribune-Review. “We’ve made the moves we’re going to make, I think.”
Veteran defenseman Paul Martin — out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand — is another injury concern, however. With the postseason scheduled to begin April 30, it’s not clear if he’ll be healthy for the first round.
Martin is averaging 25:23 of ice time, second on the team to only defenseman Kris Letang. The Penguins do have depth on the back end, but Martin’s puck moving will be missed nonetheless.
Pittsburgh hosts Buffalo tomorrow.
The Penguins, as you may have heard, have won 15 straight games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)