Apr 1, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
The contract should be signed tomorrow, the club added.
TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted out a sample of the financial details in the contract extension for the 27-year-old winger.
Crombeen has one goal and seven points in 30 games for the Lightning this season – his first in Tampa Bay.
It’s not his goal-scoring the Lightning are interested in. Crombeen, who has just nine goals in his last 150 games, has hit 100 minutes or more in penalties three times in his NHL career and offers the Lightning a physical presence and toughness.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)