Apr 1, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
The contract should be signed tomorrow, the club added.
TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted out a sample of the financial details in the contract extension for the 27-year-old winger.
Crombeen has one goal and seven points in 30 games for the Lightning this season – his first in Tampa Bay.
It’s not his goal-scoring the Lightning are interested in. Crombeen, who has just nine goals in his last 150 games, has hit 100 minutes or more in penalties three times in his NHL career and offers the Lightning a physical presence and toughness.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)