Apr 1, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
The contract should be signed tomorrow, the club added.
TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted out a sample of the financial details in the contract extension for the 27-year-old winger.
Crombeen has one goal and seven points in 30 games for the Lightning this season – his first in Tampa Bay.
It’s not his goal-scoring the Lightning are interested in. Crombeen, who has just nine goals in his last 150 games, has hit 100 minutes or more in penalties three times in his NHL career and offers the Lightning a physical presence and toughness.
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 10
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 21
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 47
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)