Apr 1, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
The contract should be signed tomorrow, the club added.
TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted out a sample of the financial details in the contract extension for the 27-year-old winger.
Crombeen has one goal and seven points in 30 games for the Lightning this season – his first in Tampa Bay.
It’s not his goal-scoring the Lightning are interested in. Crombeen, who has just nine goals in his last 150 games, has hit 100 minutes or more in penalties three times in his NHL career and offers the Lightning a physical presence and toughness.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 6
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 21
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)