Apr 1, 2013, 10:27 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers managed to eke out a 5-4 overtime win against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, but they lost forward Max Talbot in the process.
Talbot scored the Flyers’ first goal of the game, but in the second period he attempted to hit Capitals defenseman Mike Green and missed. He impacted the boards instead and couldn’t seem to put any weight on his leg as he immediately headed for the bench.
The initial fear was that Green’s skate might have sliced his leg, but Flyers GM Paul Holmgren revealed that the 29-year-old forward suffered a broken bone in his left leg and is out indefinitely.
Talbot is one of just five Flyers’ players to participate in all 35 of their contests this season. Philadelphia’s blueline has been decimated by injuries and Talbot is also joining fellow forward Daniel Briere (concussion) on the sidelines.
If you missed the play, you can view it below:
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)