Apr 1, 2013, 10:27 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers managed to eke out a 5-4 overtime win against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, but they lost forward Max Talbot in the process.
Talbot scored the Flyers’ first goal of the game, but in the second period he attempted to hit Capitals defenseman Mike Green and missed. He impacted the boards instead and couldn’t seem to put any weight on his leg as he immediately headed for the bench.
The initial fear was that Green’s skate might have sliced his leg, but Flyers GM Paul Holmgren revealed that the 29-year-old forward suffered a broken bone in his left leg and is out indefinitely.
Talbot is one of just five Flyers’ players to participate in all 35 of their contests this season. Philadelphia’s blueline has been decimated by injuries and Talbot is also joining fellow forward Daniel Briere (concussion) on the sidelines.
If you missed the play, you can view it below:
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (72)