Apr 1, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Just two days after suffering a broken jaw that will sideline him indefinitely, Sidney Crosby won the NHL’s first star for the month of March.
Crosby led the league in assists (19) and points (25) as his Penguins set an NHL record for the first perfect month (15 wins) in history.
No. 87 recorded points in 12 of those 15 games and had a whopping eight multi-point contests, including matching a career-high with five assists against the Islanders on Mar. 10.
As mentioned above, Crosby’s month ended on a sour note when he took a puck to the face during Pittsburgh’s 2-0 win over the Islanders on Saturday. The Pens captain will be out for an undetermined length of time after undergoing surgery.
March’s second star went to Montreal defenseman PK Subban.
Subban led all NHL defensemen with 18 points in 14 games and finished first among all players — not just defensemen — with 11 power-play points.
He also put himself in Canadiens lore by becoming the first blueliner to score seven goals in a month in nearly 20 years (the last to do it was Mathieu Schneider in 1994).
Third star went to Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky.
In what’s shaping up to be a Vezina-worthy (and possibly Hart-worthy) campaign, Bobrovsky led all goalies with three shutouts in March, finishing second in wins (nine), goals-against average (1.49) and save percentage (.950).
His stellar play saw the Jackets post the most successful month in franchise history. Columbus went 10-2-4 in March and now hold sole possession of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
What role he has could depend on the Kings and league’s decision regarding Slava Voynov.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Scored 13 goals in 54 games last season.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He was sentenced in September, 2013.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Spent the last three seasons in the KHL.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Buffalo also signed Cal O’Reilly, who played last season with the AHL Utica Comets.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He signed a six-year, $36 million deal with Columbus.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
“Joel is a quality veteran player who can score but also plays an extremely hard-nosed brand of hockey.”
Jul 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Could make things interesting next season.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Brings a wealth of success, experience at AHL, collegiate levels.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
$52.5 million extension.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
“This long-term commitment that assures he will be an important part of our team for years to come.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
“They gotta come in and knock somebody out of the box.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
A one-year, two-way deal for the ex-Islander.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Charlie Huddy, Pascal Vincent and Wade Flaherty all inked three-year extensions.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Expected to battle Brian Elliott for the starting role in St. Louis.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
“It’s an exciting time to be a part of this organization.”
Jul 3, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Jul 3, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Bobby Sanguinetti to Buffalo; Sharks grab Mark Cundari.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Where he “contributed to the development of Jonathan Quick, Jonathan Bernier and Martin Jones.”
Jul 3, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
How patiently will he wait?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)