Apr 1, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Ryan Clowe sees the writing on the wall.
On Monday, the 30-year-old forward — who has spent his entire eight-year career in San Jose — acknowledged he’s likely to be moved by Wednesday’s trade deadline.
But until something becomes official, his focus is on the Sharks.
“I’m still here. I’m still all-in until I’m gone,” Clowe told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “We’ll see what happens.”
Despite having a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe is on a number of wish lists.
The 30-year-old’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. He’s big (6-foot-2, 225 pounds) and plays with a nasty streak, twice racking up over 100 PIM in a season.
The Sharks have already spoken with Clowe about waiving his no-trade clause.
“I’m aware of what’s going on. Obviously, anything that happens with me, has to go through me,” Clowe said on Monday morning. “It’s not bad. Maybe a month ago, at times, you let it get to you because as a player, you’re struggling and not playing the way you want to.
“I’ve kind of put that behind me.”
Several teams appear in on Clowe, though Philadelphia, Montreal, Boston, Vancouver and Minnesota look to be the leading suitors.
More teams could get in the mix given Clowe feels he’s playing his best hockey of the year right now, and numbers back it up — he has five points in his last eight games, and recently played over 18 minutes in back-to-back wins over Detroit and Phoenix.
“I think my game is where it needs to be, and good things will start happening,” he explained. “I think I’m playing the best hockey of the season that I’ve played so far, so that’s a good sign.”
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 33
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 51
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 37
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 74
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)