Apr 1, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Ryan Clowe sees the writing on the wall.
On Monday, the 30-year-old forward — who has spent his entire eight-year career in San Jose — acknowledged he’s likely to be moved by Wednesday’s trade deadline.
But until something becomes official, his focus is on the Sharks.
“I’m still here. I’m still all-in until I’m gone,” Clowe told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “We’ll see what happens.”
Despite having a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe is on a number of wish lists.
The 30-year-old’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. He’s big (6-foot-2, 225 pounds) and plays with a nasty streak, twice racking up over 100 PIM in a season.
The Sharks have already spoken with Clowe about waiving his no-trade clause.
“I’m aware of what’s going on. Obviously, anything that happens with me, has to go through me,” Clowe said on Monday morning. “It’s not bad. Maybe a month ago, at times, you let it get to you because as a player, you’re struggling and not playing the way you want to.
“I’ve kind of put that behind me.”
Several teams appear in on Clowe, though Philadelphia, Montreal, Boston, Vancouver and Minnesota look to be the leading suitors.
More teams could get in the mix given Clowe feels he’s playing his best hockey of the year right now, and numbers back it up — he has five points in his last eight games, and recently played over 18 minutes in back-to-back wins over Detroit and Phoenix.
“I think my game is where it needs to be, and good things will start happening,” he explained. “I think I’m playing the best hockey of the season that I’ve played so far, so that’s a good sign.”
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)