Apr 1, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
Ryan Clowe sees the writing on the wall.
On Monday, the 30-year-old forward — who has spent his entire eight-year career in San Jose — acknowledged he’s likely to be moved by Wednesday’s trade deadline.
But until something becomes official, his focus is on the Sharks.
“I’m still here. I’m still all-in until I’m gone,” Clowe told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “We’ll see what happens.”
Despite having a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe is on a number of wish lists.
The 30-year-old’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. He’s big (6-foot-2, 225 pounds) and plays with a nasty streak, twice racking up over 100 PIM in a season.
The Sharks have already spoken with Clowe about waiving his no-trade clause.
“I’m aware of what’s going on. Obviously, anything that happens with me, has to go through me,” Clowe said on Monday morning. “It’s not bad. Maybe a month ago, at times, you let it get to you because as a player, you’re struggling and not playing the way you want to.
“I’ve kind of put that behind me.”
Several teams appear in on Clowe, though Philadelphia, Montreal, Boston, Vancouver and Minnesota look to be the leading suitors.
More teams could get in the mix given Clowe feels he’s playing his best hockey of the year right now, and numbers back it up — he has five points in his last eight games, and recently played over 18 minutes in back-to-back wins over Detroit and Phoenix.
“I think my game is where it needs to be, and good things will start happening,” he explained. “I think I’m playing the best hockey of the season that I’ve played so far, so that’s a good sign.”
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)