Apr 1, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
Ryan Clowe sees the writing on the wall.
On Monday, the 30-year-old forward — who has spent his entire eight-year career in San Jose — acknowledged he’s likely to be moved by Wednesday’s trade deadline.
But until something becomes official, his focus is on the Sharks.
“I’m still here. I’m still all-in until I’m gone,” Clowe told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “We’ll see what happens.”
Despite having a down year — just 11 points through 28 games, with zero goals — Clowe is on a number of wish lists.
The 30-year-old’s career body of work has put him in demand. He’s scored 20 goals twice and 15 or more five times. He’s big (6-foot-2, 225 pounds) and plays with a nasty streak, twice racking up over 100 PIM in a season.
The Sharks have already spoken with Clowe about waiving his no-trade clause.
“I’m aware of what’s going on. Obviously, anything that happens with me, has to go through me,” Clowe said on Monday morning. “It’s not bad. Maybe a month ago, at times, you let it get to you because as a player, you’re struggling and not playing the way you want to.
“I’ve kind of put that behind me.”
Several teams appear in on Clowe, though Philadelphia, Montreal, Boston, Vancouver and Minnesota look to be the leading suitors.
More teams could get in the mix given Clowe feels he’s playing his best hockey of the year right now, and numbers back it up — he has five points in his last eight games, and recently played over 18 minutes in back-to-back wins over Detroit and Phoenix.
“I think my game is where it needs to be, and good things will start happening,” he explained. “I think I’m playing the best hockey of the season that I’ve played so far, so that’s a good sign.”
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9