Apr 1, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak left Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, and has now been reported that he will not return due to a “lower-body injury.”
Halak entered Monday with a 6-5-1 record, a 2.19 goals-against average and a lackluster save percentage of .897.
Brian Elliott replaced Halak in the Blues’ goal.
A Halak injury almost guarantees that Jake Allen will once again be re-called from the Peoria Rivermen of the American Hockey League.
Allen was only re-assigned back to Peoria on Saturday, after posting an impressive 8-3-0 record in 12 appearance with St. Louis this season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5