Apr 1, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak left Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, and has now been reported that he will not return due to a “lower-body injury.”
Halak entered Monday with a 6-5-1 record, a 2.19 goals-against average and a lackluster save percentage of .897.
Brian Elliott replaced Halak in the Blues’ goal.
A Halak injury almost guarantees that Jake Allen will once again be re-called from the Peoria Rivermen of the American Hockey League.
Allen was only re-assigned back to Peoria on Saturday, after posting an impressive 8-3-0 record in 12 appearance with St. Louis this season.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)