Apr 1, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak left Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, and has now been reported that he will not return due to a “lower-body injury.”
Halak entered Monday with a 6-5-1 record, a 2.19 goals-against average and a lackluster save percentage of .897.
Brian Elliott replaced Halak in the Blues’ goal.
A Halak injury almost guarantees that Jake Allen will once again be re-called from the Peoria Rivermen of the American Hockey League.
Allen was only re-assigned back to Peoria on Saturday, after posting an impressive 8-3-0 record in 12 appearance with St. Louis this season.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 48
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 28
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25