Apr 1, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak left Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, and has now been reported that he will not return due to a “lower-body injury.”
Halak entered Monday with a 6-5-1 record, a 2.19 goals-against average and a lackluster save percentage of .897.
Brian Elliott replaced Halak in the Blues’ goal.
A Halak injury almost guarantees that Jake Allen will once again be re-called from the Peoria Rivermen of the American Hockey League.
Allen was only re-assigned back to Peoria on Saturday, after posting an impressive 8-3-0 record in 12 appearance with St. Louis this season.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)