Mar 31, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Detroit was without their captain, Henrik Zetterberg, in their 7-1 thrashing at the hands of the Chicago Blackhawks. They could be without him tomorrow as well.
Zetterberg is day-to-day with a groin injury as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press shares. He’s likely to miss tomorrow night’s game against Colorado as well. While he skated this morning with the team, he wasn’t able to go today.
This season, Zetterberg has eight goals and 24 assists. His 32 points are good for second on the team behind Pavel Datsyuk‘s 35.
The Red Wings have a key stretch of games this week. Starting off poorly against Chicago today means tomorrow’s game with the Avalanche as well as a pair on the road in Phoenix and Denver puts pressure on them hold their spot in the Western playoff race.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 68
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15