Mar 31, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Detroit was without their captain, Henrik Zetterberg, in their 7-1 thrashing at the hands of the Chicago Blackhawks. They could be without him tomorrow as well.
Zetterberg is day-to-day with a groin injury as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press shares. He’s likely to miss tomorrow night’s game against Colorado as well. While he skated this morning with the team, he wasn’t able to go today.
This season, Zetterberg has eight goals and 24 assists. His 32 points are good for second on the team behind Pavel Datsyuk‘s 35.
The Red Wings have a key stretch of games this week. Starting off poorly against Chicago today means tomorrow’s game with the Avalanche as well as a pair on the road in Phoenix and Denver puts pressure on them hold their spot in the Western playoff race.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)