Mar 31, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Detroit was without their captain, Henrik Zetterberg, in their 7-1 thrashing at the hands of the Chicago Blackhawks. They could be without him tomorrow as well.
Zetterberg is day-to-day with a groin injury as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press shares. He’s likely to miss tomorrow night’s game against Colorado as well. While he skated this morning with the team, he wasn’t able to go today.
This season, Zetterberg has eight goals and 24 assists. His 32 points are good for second on the team behind Pavel Datsyuk‘s 35.
The Red Wings have a key stretch of games this week. Starting off poorly against Chicago today means tomorrow’s game with the Avalanche as well as a pair on the road in Phoenix and Denver puts pressure on them hold their spot in the Western playoff race.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (76)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)