Mar 31, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Detroit was without their captain, Henrik Zetterberg, in their 7-1 thrashing at the hands of the Chicago Blackhawks. They could be without him tomorrow as well.
Zetterberg is day-to-day with a groin injury as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press shares. He’s likely to miss tomorrow night’s game against Colorado as well. While he skated this morning with the team, he wasn’t able to go today.
This season, Zetterberg has eight goals and 24 assists. His 32 points are good for second on the team behind Pavel Datsyuk‘s 35.
The Red Wings have a key stretch of games this week. Starting off poorly against Chicago today means tomorrow’s game with the Avalanche as well as a pair on the road in Phoenix and Denver puts pressure on them hold their spot in the Western playoff race.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)