Mar 31, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Detroit was without their captain, Henrik Zetterberg, in their 7-1 thrashing at the hands of the Chicago Blackhawks. They could be without him tomorrow as well.
Zetterberg is day-to-day with a groin injury as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press shares. He’s likely to miss tomorrow night’s game against Colorado as well. While he skated this morning with the team, he wasn’t able to go today.
This season, Zetterberg has eight goals and 24 assists. His 32 points are good for second on the team behind Pavel Datsyuk‘s 35.
The Red Wings have a key stretch of games this week. Starting off poorly against Chicago today means tomorrow’s game with the Avalanche as well as a pair on the road in Phoenix and Denver puts pressure on them hold their spot in the Western playoff race.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30