Mar 31, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
After the Rangers suffered yet another loss in Montreal and continued their frustrating season, coach John Tortorella was able to sum things up well after the fact. Andrew Gross from Rangers Rants has the story.
“I think some guys have been in there and been basically the voice of the team where everybody needs to be in there,” Tortorella said. “This is part of learning, this is how you get better as a team, answering those questions too, we just have to stay together as a team. Nobody’s happy about it, everybody’s frustrated but we’re still in the thick of things and things change quickly if we can just get some sort of success.”
A team that made the Eastern Conference finals last year still has to learn? Huh.
On the upside, the Rangers got a slight bit of help from the Penguins after they dispatched the Islanders yesterday afternoon. That helped keep the Rangers in eighth place in the East.
On the downside, five other teams are within four points of them. The Rangers are in the thick of things, but if the wins don’t start coming, they’ll be watching the playoffs on TV from home and giving Sean Avery more incentive to mouth off from Twitter.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:23 AM EST
Worth staying up late for East Coast hockey fans.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:41 AM EST
He did it with style, too.
Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
They might want to stay off of Twitter.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
He should provide commentary to as many Vancouver games as possible.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Jhonas Enroth is making the most of his opportunity, to say the least.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
This one looks painful.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:06 PM EST
Boston shut them out 3-0 on Thursday.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
Plenty of talent on the ice for this late one.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
It’s unclear how severe the injury is.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
Ugly start for Vancouver vs. Dallas.
Mar 6, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
No one will wear No. 5 in Detroit again.
Mar 6, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
Injuries make him a key player instantly with Red Wings.
Mar 6, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
No denying whose team it is now, anyway.
Mar 6, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
He’s expected to line up with Tomas Plekanec and Alex Galchenyuk.
Mar 6, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Mar 6, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
George McPhee “likes” this.
Mar 6, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
He’s eligible for the Hockey Hall of Fame this year too.
Mar 6, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
High hopes in St. Louis with Ryan Miller between the pipes.
Mar 6, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
All the latest from around the crease…
Mar 6, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
Signed through 2016-17 with a cap hit of $4.5 million.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 10
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 18
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)