Mar 31, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After the Rangers suffered yet another loss in Montreal and continued their frustrating season, coach John Tortorella was able to sum things up well after the fact. Andrew Gross from Rangers Rants has the story.
“I think some guys have been in there and been basically the voice of the team where everybody needs to be in there,” Tortorella said. “This is part of learning, this is how you get better as a team, answering those questions too, we just have to stay together as a team. Nobody’s happy about it, everybody’s frustrated but we’re still in the thick of things and things change quickly if we can just get some sort of success.”
A team that made the Eastern Conference finals last year still has to learn? Huh.
On the upside, the Rangers got a slight bit of help from the Penguins after they dispatched the Islanders yesterday afternoon. That helped keep the Rangers in eighth place in the East.
On the downside, five other teams are within four points of them. The Rangers are in the thick of things, but if the wins don’t start coming, they’ll be watching the playoffs on TV from home and giving Sean Avery more incentive to mouth off from Twitter.
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 13
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)