Mar 31, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After the Rangers suffered yet another loss in Montreal and continued their frustrating season, coach John Tortorella was able to sum things up well after the fact. Andrew Gross from Rangers Rants has the story.
“I think some guys have been in there and been basically the voice of the team where everybody needs to be in there,” Tortorella said. “This is part of learning, this is how you get better as a team, answering those questions too, we just have to stay together as a team. Nobody’s happy about it, everybody’s frustrated but we’re still in the thick of things and things change quickly if we can just get some sort of success.”
A team that made the Eastern Conference finals last year still has to learn? Huh.
On the upside, the Rangers got a slight bit of help from the Penguins after they dispatched the Islanders yesterday afternoon. That helped keep the Rangers in eighth place in the East.
On the downside, five other teams are within four points of them. The Rangers are in the thick of things, but if the wins don’t start coming, they’ll be watching the playoffs on TV from home and giving Sean Avery more incentive to mouth off from Twitter.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54