Mar 31, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After the Rangers suffered yet another loss in Montreal and continued their frustrating season, coach John Tortorella was able to sum things up well after the fact. Andrew Gross from Rangers Rants has the story.
“I think some guys have been in there and been basically the voice of the team where everybody needs to be in there,” Tortorella said. “This is part of learning, this is how you get better as a team, answering those questions too, we just have to stay together as a team. Nobody’s happy about it, everybody’s frustrated but we’re still in the thick of things and things change quickly if we can just get some sort of success.”
A team that made the Eastern Conference finals last year still has to learn? Huh.
On the upside, the Rangers got a slight bit of help from the Penguins after they dispatched the Islanders yesterday afternoon. That helped keep the Rangers in eighth place in the East.
On the downside, five other teams are within four points of them. The Rangers are in the thick of things, but if the wins don’t start coming, they’ll be watching the playoffs on TV from home and giving Sean Avery more incentive to mouth off from Twitter.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 28
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 51
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)