Mar 31, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After the Rangers suffered yet another loss in Montreal and continued their frustrating season, coach John Tortorella was able to sum things up well after the fact. Andrew Gross from Rangers Rants has the story.
“I think some guys have been in there and been basically the voice of the team where everybody needs to be in there,” Tortorella said. “This is part of learning, this is how you get better as a team, answering those questions too, we just have to stay together as a team. Nobody’s happy about it, everybody’s frustrated but we’re still in the thick of things and things change quickly if we can just get some sort of success.”
A team that made the Eastern Conference finals last year still has to learn? Huh.
On the upside, the Rangers got a slight bit of help from the Penguins after they dispatched the Islanders yesterday afternoon. That helped keep the Rangers in eighth place in the East.
On the downside, five other teams are within four points of them. The Rangers are in the thick of things, but if the wins don’t start coming, they’ll be watching the playoffs on TV from home and giving Sean Avery more incentive to mouth off from Twitter.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)