Mar 31, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
After the Rangers suffered yet another loss in Montreal and continued their frustrating season, coach John Tortorella was able to sum things up well after the fact. Andrew Gross from Rangers Rants has the story.
“I think some guys have been in there and been basically the voice of the team where everybody needs to be in there,” Tortorella said. “This is part of learning, this is how you get better as a team, answering those questions too, we just have to stay together as a team. Nobody’s happy about it, everybody’s frustrated but we’re still in the thick of things and things change quickly if we can just get some sort of success.”
A team that made the Eastern Conference finals last year still has to learn? Huh.
On the upside, the Rangers got a slight bit of help from the Penguins after they dispatched the Islanders yesterday afternoon. That helped keep the Rangers in eighth place in the East.
On the downside, five other teams are within four points of them. The Rangers are in the thick of things, but if the wins don’t start coming, they’ll be watching the playoffs on TV from home and giving Sean Avery more incentive to mouth off from Twitter.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53