Mar 31, 2013, 9:48 AM EST
When Edmonton jumped all over Vancouver in the first period of their 4-0 win, Taylor Hall managed to do something truly incredible. He broke a team record set by none other than Wayne Gretzky.
Hall netted a hat trick just 7:53 into the game, including scoring his first goal 16 seconds into it on Cory Schneider. As CHED’s Dan Tencer notes, Gretzky’s previous team record saw him pull off the fastest hat trick in just over 12 minutes. Jeez, what a slacker that guy was.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 1
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16