Mar 31, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
When Edmonton jumped all over Vancouver in the first period of their 4-0 win, Taylor Hall managed to do something truly incredible. He broke a team record set by none other than Wayne Gretzky.
Hall netted a hat trick just 7:53 into the game, including scoring his first goal 16 seconds into it on Cory Schneider. As CHED’s Dan Tencer notes, Gretzky’s previous team record saw him pull off the fastest hat trick in just over 12 minutes. Jeez, what a slacker that guy was.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5