Mar 31, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
When Edmonton jumped all over Vancouver in the first period of their 4-0 win, Taylor Hall managed to do something truly incredible. He broke a team record set by none other than Wayne Gretzky.
Hall netted a hat trick just 7:53 into the game, including scoring his first goal 16 seconds into it on Cory Schneider. As CHED’s Dan Tencer notes, Gretzky’s previous team record saw him pull off the fastest hat trick in just over 12 minutes. Jeez, what a slacker that guy was.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40