Mar 31, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
When Edmonton jumped all over Vancouver in the first period of their 4-0 win, Taylor Hall managed to do something truly incredible. He broke a team record set by none other than Wayne Gretzky.
Hall netted a hat trick just 7:53 into the game, including scoring his first goal 16 seconds into it on Cory Schneider. As CHED’s Dan Tencer notes, Gretzky’s previous team record saw him pull off the fastest hat trick in just over 12 minutes. Jeez, what a slacker that guy was.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22