Mar 31, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
If you look at just the final score, it seemed like the Dallas Stars suffered a respectable 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday. That’s not how head coach Glen Gulutzan sees it, though.
He didn’t shy away for blasting his team (which was out-shot a staggering 40-15) to the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika after the game.
“We’re fighting for our lives here, and if we think with performances like that, we can stroll in, we’re mistaken,” Gulutzan said. “We’ve got a three-game series against Anaheim, and after an embarrassing outing in front of our home fans like that, we better come out hard tomorrow … we will come out hard tomorrow, if we have any [expletive].”
(Let’s just say Gulutzan questioned his team’s … intestinal fortitude.)
It’s understandable that the second-year bench boss was incited to make such a comment, as his team had a chance to distance themselves from the pack a little bit. Instead, the Stars find themselves in a logjam behind the eighth-ranked Columbus Blue Jackets for a playoff spot.
We’ll see if the Stars prove they have, um, guts against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)