Mar 31, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
If you look at just the final score, it seemed like the Dallas Stars suffered a respectable 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday. That’s not how head coach Glen Gulutzan sees it, though.
He didn’t shy away for blasting his team (which was out-shot a staggering 40-15) to the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika after the game.
“We’re fighting for our lives here, and if we think with performances like that, we can stroll in, we’re mistaken,” Gulutzan said. “We’ve got a three-game series against Anaheim, and after an embarrassing outing in front of our home fans like that, we better come out hard tomorrow … we will come out hard tomorrow, if we have any [expletive].”
(Let’s just say Gulutzan questioned his team’s … intestinal fortitude.)
It’s understandable that the second-year bench boss was incited to make such a comment, as his team had a chance to distance themselves from the pack a little bit. Instead, the Stars find themselves in a logjam behind the eighth-ranked Columbus Blue Jackets for a playoff spot.
We’ll see if the Stars prove they have, um, guts against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)