Mar 31, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
If you look at just the final score, it seemed like the Dallas Stars suffered a respectable 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday. That’s not how head coach Glen Gulutzan sees it, though.
He didn’t shy away for blasting his team (which was out-shot a staggering 40-15) to the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika after the game.
“We’re fighting for our lives here, and if we think with performances like that, we can stroll in, we’re mistaken,” Gulutzan said. “We’ve got a three-game series against Anaheim, and after an embarrassing outing in front of our home fans like that, we better come out hard tomorrow … we will come out hard tomorrow, if we have any [expletive].”
(Let’s just say Gulutzan questioned his team’s … intestinal fortitude.)
It’s understandable that the second-year bench boss was incited to make such a comment, as his team had a chance to distance themselves from the pack a little bit. Instead, the Stars find themselves in a logjam behind the eighth-ranked Columbus Blue Jackets for a playoff spot.
We’ll see if the Stars prove they have, um, guts against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)